Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cast Off's

Options
  • 08-04-2004 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Is there anything more anying than one of your former cast off scoring against you in an important game.
    I was playing as wolves top of the league by 10 points but suffering a serious case of injured right winger syndrome had three out. anyway had a terrible game in the fist leg against Blackburn in the CL Q/F lost 2-0 seond leg come out al guns blazing all over them score in the 35m continue to pressure ive had 16 shots theve barly entered my half then former cast off kenny miller scores two breakaway goals to knock me out after me ofloading him because he wasnt good enough.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

This is more annoying. Starting a new game in Div 2 with Sheff Wed by winning 9 and drawing 1 from the opening 10 games, while conceding only 2 goals, and having an 8-0 win over Tranmere. Then the game crashes, and I hadn't saved.

&*£&"$**"£$£"*$!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

That's harsh. I'd never go 10 games without saving though.

As for cast off's messing me up, well I off loaded Rustu to Real Madrid because he was crap and surplus to requirements. Anyway the first time I played Real I was very happy because he was in goals and let in four first half goals and it was the first time I'd seen a goalie subbed. The next time we played though I must have had close to 30 shots and I just couldn't score on the prick. Eventually I got a goal close enough to the death, but I was getting awfully pissed off.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Hasn't come back to haunt me yet (in footballing terms anyway), but a kid I released 4 seasons earlier on a free from my youth setup (he came through the youths as opposed to me signing him, those guys are usually crap), just came third in the English Players Player of the Year award at age 20.

SC, 19 goals in 36 games for Wolves, average rating of 7.58. Not good enough for my team, but somehow I feel i should have gotten some moolah for him...

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by kaids
    This is more annoying. Starting a new game in Div 2 with Sheff Wed by winning 9 and drawing 1 from the opening 10 games, while conceding only 2 goals, and having an 8-0 win over Tranmere. Then the game crashes, and I hadn't saved.

&*£&"$**"£$£"*$!!!!!!!

Same happened with me after Bohs playing Austria Vienna. I won something like 6-1 in the Champions League.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Beat wimbeldon who were above me in the league (Dag and Red) 6-5 desperately needed 3 points for promotion. Crashed. Couldnt score against them, played it about 7 - 9 times, out of principle.

Played the season on, lost playoff 1-0 to southend who i had thrashed 4-0 and 3-0 over the season. Now forced to play another season in lowly 2nd division.

• Advertisement
Advertisement