Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Shins

Options
  • 09-04-2004 4:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

anyone going to see them this month? love their new album loads and just heard the first one which sounds great as well. anyhoo it should be really good and The Chalets are supporting :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭hippu

where?
    p.s. who are the shins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ilovehoovering

tis on in Whelans - April 26th.
    The Shins are a wonderful poppy indie band from America. their new album
    Chutes Too Narrow is one of the fastest selling albums ever on SubPop (well that's what they always say in articles about them anyhoo....)....rave reviews everywhere.
    ....if you can download check out the song New Slang from the first record...they sold it to McDonalds for an ad campaign when they were really poor.
    and they released a single recently called So Says I.(album review)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I like the individual songs on the album, but I don't like the album as a whole. Have a few songs off their old stuff aswell and I quite like that, maybe even more so than their new stuff.

Might go if I've the money and the free time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭hippu

is that the ad where the guy is in the car and a kid is looking at him making faces, and then he starts eating chips in front of him, the song goes, something about making your day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ilovehoovering

Originally posted by hippu
    is that the ad where the guy is in the car and a kid is looking at him making faces, and then he starts eating chips in front of him, the song goes, something about making your day?

ick i have no idea sorry...it's a quiet song anyhoo...there can't be too many songs like it on McDonalds ads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement