Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From what i heard ......

Options
  • 09-04-2004 5:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

From what i heard is it better for a laptop to leave its original gfx drivers on instead of updating ........... ?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

thats a bit bonkers tbh, untrue .... go to your laptop vendors website and download whatever they have there

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you can get updated drivers from your laptop vendor they will be fine. Laptops seem a bit more problematic with reference drivers though, and many manufacturers actually have their reference drivers setup to prevent themselves from being installed on laptops. There are usually hacks available to allow the reference drivers to work though, but in my case installing reference drivers removed all the TV out config options from my control panel, so I went back and installed the original vendor drivers.

Advertisement