Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embedding Video

Options
  • 09-04-2004 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm trying to embed video into a webpage (basically for a product demo). It works fine when I run the site locally on my PC, but not when I upload the site to the web.

I have it set up so that when someone clicks on a link, a new window pops up and the video plays in that window.

However, on the website, the window pops up, and media player appears in the window, but the video doesn't play.

I had a look at the website settings, and added .avi (video/avi) as a mime type yesterday. This doesn't seem to have helped.

I've made sure that all the files in question are lower case. The code to run the video is:[php]function openClip(clipName)
    {
    OpenWindow=window.open("", "newwin", "height=640,width=890,toolbar=no,scrollbars="+scroll+",menubar=no");
    OpenWindow.document.write("<HTML>")
    OpenWindow.document.write("<TITLE>Demo</TITLE>")
    OpenWindow.document.write("<BODY BGCOLOR=000000>")
    OpenWindow.document.write("<EMBED SRC="+clipName+" AUTOSTART=true></EMBED>")
    OpenWindow.document.write("</BODY></HTML>")
    OpenWindow.document.close()
    self.name="main"
    }[/php]The function above is being run with an onclick event on an anchor. Like I said, it works locally on my PC, but not on the web. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

- Dave.

Advertisement