Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NetSource Packages

• 09-04-2004 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I haven’t seen a post saying this and if I’m repeating I apologise.

I was talking to NetSource yesterday and they said that existing customers have not been automatically moved to any of the new packages or pricing, i.e. Unless you ask to be moved to a new package your package and price haven’t changed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

I've been on SOHO for almost a year paying €65 per month and it's been excellent, both connection (once I got my router sorted!) and support (which I nearly never needed)! :)

I phoned them today to cancel my Domain which reduces the cost by €10 per month.

The contention ratio has dropped to 24:1 which is nice and other than that all details remain the same.

I'm happy!:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Guys,

Ive been looking at netsource as an option for Broadband in the house, but I cant
    find anywhere if there is a download limit. Was looking at the origin plus option..

Would you recommend them?

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

from what i've seen in here i wouldn't go near them, not even with yours.

do a search on netsource threads.....

i'm sure there's enough there to put you off.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

To be honest, what Ive read in here, I wouldnt touch any of them at the moment
    except for the fact that I have to get broadband in and they are the only ones
    that dont tie you to a 12 month contract (That I know of!!)

All the ISP's services are pure and utter crap at the moment, but these just tend to
    get complained about a bit less than all the others :rolleyes:

Tox

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

The Origin Plus package has a 16GB cap. If you go over the cap they won't charge you, however they will throttle your connection.

The annoying thing is that unlike Eircom/UTV/IOL they have no online counter to check how much of the cap you have used so far.

I have NS and in terms of stability and performance, they are excellent, I've never had any problems with them. However had I the choice to start over again, then I wouldn't go with them, I'd go for IOL who charge a lot less for the same product, with seemingly aan equally good service (well once you get it set-up after the 3 month waiting!!).

• Advertisement

Originally posted by bk
    ...I have NS and in terms of stability and performance, they are excellent, I've never had any problems with them. However had I the choice to start over again, then I wouldn't go with them, I'd go for IOL who charge a lot less for the same product, with seemingly aan equally good service (well once you get it set-up after the 3 month waiting!!).

Thats the thing ya see, I dont want to be waiting that long for it to be setup and
    also not tied to a 12 month contract so Im kinda stuck here..

Tox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Are you a business? Is the company you work for paying for the broadband for you?

If not then you can't sign up with Netsource. They have no interest in homeusers.

Their cap is about 16Gb a month (4Gb a week acceptable usage policy).

They also charge a disconnection fee when you leave their service (some of the others may charge this too I am uncertain which though). Disconnection fee is based on the service you choose. I don't have the charge to hand but it is between €75-€150. I am not sure this fee includes Vat or not.

The service overall is pretty good but relatively pricey except for the higher priced options which are apparently good value when compared to the best out there (Esat business DSL I believe).

I think most of the details on pricing are on their website now.

Its for home/business use.. I do some contracting from home and I also will be working from home with my full time job so its a bit of both.

Trying to get the company to pay a contribution to the costs of it so I dont think Ill have any problems signing up with them..

So you guys would recommend IOL then?

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

Esat Business DSL isn't IOL, but is provided directly by Esat BT rather than going through eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 l(00)py

to be honest I'm very happy with netsource if u stay under 4gb a week the speeds pings and service are great, and so it seams are their contention ratios as my max speed is always their when i need it - i know ppl give out about them but find one isp globably that ppl dont give out about and i'll be supprised

• Advertisement

Originally posted by l(00)py
    .....but find one isp globably that ppl dont give out about and i'll be supprised

Thats the thing ya see.. you will never please all the people all of the time...

However, with Eircom, they please no one ever.. :rolleyes:

IOLBB seem to be ok but its takes forever to get it installed but once you're up and
    running they seem to be fine.

Netsource seem to be good too, apart from the odd problem here and there which
    I suppose everyone has..

So what ive been talking to my boss about is to get the company to request it for
    my place, they pay for half as I will be using it working from home and then they can
    deduct the other half from my wages on a month basis, saves me the hassle of
    paying it all.. so technically it is for a company :D

I think im more confused now than I was before.. sheesh :confused: :dunno:

Tox

so we're all aggreed then their all bad but eircom's worse ... with netsource they don't realy care if your home or business they'l sell to u (bloody capitalists) they just dont have a specific home package.

anyone in kerry should look at http://www.kerrycomputer.com/
    i'm hearing good things about them and as i'm 3miles outside tralee its the only broadband i can get @ home

[RANT]
    I CANT F*CKING BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eircom and IOL have just informed me that the phone line is not responding to any
    testing so it looks as tho its not suitable for broadband...

This issue was raised with Eircom before and then never bothered to get off their
    f*cking lazy arses to do anything about it so now I cant get broadband into the
    f*cking house....

AAAARRRRRGGGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! W*NKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    [/RANT]

So whats next?????

Anyone know anything about Wireless providers in Dublin????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Basically what we had here were people downloading 20-30 gigabytes, in many cases much more, every month... Whinging that suddenly they were only getting 200kbps. Yes it could have been communicated way better, but Netsource is not a bad company.

Originally posted by Urban Weigl
    es it could have been communicated way better, but Netsource is not a bad company.

well i think that pretty much sums it up.

if u want to find service providers inc. wireless go to

http://www.broadband.gov.ie/BBInfo/home.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I'm curious, given how much under investment and deterioration of the network is happening how likely is it that phone lines that currently pass for broadband (and in some cases already have broadband) start failing the BB test?

Can lines deteriorate this badly, I wonder?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by machalla
    I'm curious, given how much under investment and deterioration of the network is happening how likely is it that phone lines that currently pass for broadband (and in some cases already have broadband) start failing the BB test?

Can lines deteriorate this badly, I wonder?

My line fails sometimes, passes other times. But I have had BB for over a year and it has worked fine all the time, even when the line was failing!!!

Advertisement