Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Liverpool (Warning: May contain traces of goals)

2»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

my tool is bigger than your tool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Originally posted by tinky
    Yeah . . . but the better teams win it more often !:D

Tinky

Are you talking about Liverpool ;)

Again Henry disappoints in the big game when it mattered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

****ing depressing. I didn't think we played that poorly in the first half considering it was away to the best team in the Premiership, but the second half was diabolicle. How Biscan, Diouf and Heskey are on the pitch while the likes of Henchoz, Baros and Le Tallec sit on the bench, I'll never know. I doubt anyone but Mr Houllier can work it out. Henry's second goal wasn't the cracker everyone will make it out to be either, it was just the case of some terrible defending.

Houllier built his Liverpool team on the basis of a strong defence, now we don't even have that and now it's time for him to leave.

Le Tallec is injured and Henchoz has fallen out with GH, cos he think he is ****e. Lets hope Arsenal can do us a favour on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jesus H Christ! :eek: :mad:

I was at work so was only vaguly aware of the match progress, I heard it was 1-1 then 1-2 to Liverpool and me happy then as 3 O'clock came round with some worry I turned the radio on...bloody typical!

GIven that Biscan was on the fild again can't we all sue Houllier for breach of contract or something? As in he should strive to put of his best team and plainly he does'nt...! Sorry I'm ranting and rambling. AGH!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Phew :)

No offense to the Pool fans but I was happy when I realised that Arsenal were playing them before Newcastle. If we played Newkie first we would have probably lost. Now the confidence is restored somewhat so maybe we can get a result out of that game and make the race for the last Champions League spot interesting :)

Plus it makes it easier for me when I face the sisters hubby who is a lifelong Chelsea fan on Sunday !!!!!

Gandalf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

good response to those who predicted arsenal's demise true we didnt paly as well as we should in the last 2 games but you cant win them all

hope we go on a beat newcastle but id be happy with 1 point from that game
    from there on in i cant see any major upsets (spurs anyone??)

hopefully they will remain unbeaten, something neither liverpool or utd did :)

only seven to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Great result from arsenal, showed character. I still think they are going to have problems though if they go into the last quarter of a game with a match tight, but more than likely I'll be proved wrong. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by jank

hope we go on a beat newcastle but id be happy with 1 point from that game
    from there on in i cant see any major upsets (spurs anyone??)

Leeds anyone?

hopefully they will remain unbeaten, something neither liverpool or utd did :)

only seven to go

Yeah that will really show up Uniteds treble winning team.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Now thats bitter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Well they passed their test of character. A hat trick for Henry not bad for a player substituted mideweek with a gammy hamstring , sorry back.

I,d be looking for a new Doctor if mine didn,t know the difference beween my hamstring and back.;)

This is why Arsenal are so hated. I'm a neutral but I can't understand why they make up injuries every time they lose. I put a bet on in another thread he'd play and I was right (out for 3 weeks my arse). I love the way Reyes got "injured" against Utd too and was best player v Chelsea.

That is a stupid comment, its all mind games done by every single team, so is everyone hated now? They just dont want to show their hand to everyone, by saying henry wasnt going to play liverpool probably werent planning for it during the week, and hence he destroyed them today.

What team does it exactly?

There are injury doubts etc and people pass a late fitness test or whatever but nothing of this magnitude.

They'd get a lot more respect if they just held their hands up and said Utd and Chelsea beat us fair and square but we're going to try and get back to basics against Liverpool rather than hiding the fact they lost by going on about how Scholes nearly murdered Reyes and how Henry was injured v Chelsea.

Originally posted by NightStrike
    What team does it exactly?

There are injury doubts etc and people pass a late fitness test or whatever but nothing of this magnitude.

They'd get a lot more respect if they just held their hands up and said Utd and Chelsea beat us fair and square but we're going to try and get back to basics against Liverpool rather than hiding the fact they lost by going on about how Scholes nearly murdered Reyes and how Henry was injured v Chelsea.

Well united do it, and liverpool do it. Anyway who cares? Injurys can heal up in miraculously sometimes. Anyone really thinks arsenal deserved to beat united or chelsea in the last week is wrong. If this injury thing didnt happen you would be bitching about arsenal over something else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

I'm a neutral

I honestly don't believe that because its not neutrals who "Hate" Arsenal, its mostly United fans who perceive us to be trying to take their territory. Its not a dig at United, its simply that for years its been United on the receiving end from ABU's and now that the team is struggling a bit, there is actually a target (Arsenal) to hit out at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by tinky
    Yeah . . . but the better teams win more often !:D

Tinky

And thats why Arsenal are top of the league from winning more often .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I'm bitterly disappointed with the result but you can't exactly fault the likes of Biscan, Diouf or Heskey for playing. They can only play to the best of their capabilities, even though it may not look like they're doing it. Its the manager who chooses to field them. Regardless of how crap a player is, he's hardly going to say

'Mr Houllier, I think you should play Milan Baros instead'

'Bruno, you listen to me. You are my star player'

'Please don't call me Bruno, Mr Houllier. It makes me feel sad inside'

‘Does somebody feel like a hug?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

Yeah that will really show up Uniteds treble winning team

haha not even the smiley could cover up the bitterness in that comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

I was real dissappointed with Aresnal in the last few days, purely because if they had managed to win the treble, we might ahv enot had to listen to United fans yapping on about it anymore...

Anyway, suppose we'll have to listen to it for the next 5 years or so until Fergie retires, United's star wanes and all their crap fans lose interest in football or start to support chelsea...

Well done Arsenal. Good to twice come from behind.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by elbow316
    I honestly don't believe that because its not neutrals who "Hate" Arsenal, its mostly United fans who perceive us to be trying to take their territory. Its not a dig at United, its simply that for years its been United on the receiving end from ABU's and now that the team is struggling a bit, there is actually a target (Arsenal) to hit out at.

Show me where I said I hated Arsenal? I said "this is why Arsenal are so hated". I was just looking from an outside perspective and making a judgement.

I've never heard of Utd or Liverpool use fake injuries as excuses before. or any other premiership team for that matter. I'll admit sometimes injuries heal up very quickly but 3 in a week?!

I quite enjoy Arsenal actually. they're great to watch and they bring competition. They may win the league this year but u can bet your arse they'll find it far tougher to defend it next year and that will be interesting. Also the past 2 games against Chelsea and Utd were very exciting.

Yeah that will really show up Uniteds treble winning team.

anybody for a pint of 5 year old bitter!

This is why Arsenal are so hated.

by who exactly utd fans? football fans
    or do you read everthing you read in the paper or website(arsenal lack bottle blah blah blah!!:rolleyes: )
    I'm a neutral
    yea sure so how come ur still going on about arsenal?, (maybe its jealousy:) )
    who do you follow now

some goal by henry
    one of the goals of the season and mighty important too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

It seems every single thread in this forum turns in to a bitch-fight between United and Arsenal fans.

And Liverpool were fantastic again yesterday. Another magnificent defensive performance. How we actually took the lead twice I'll never know!!

Arsenal deserved to win, they were by far the better team (although that's not much of an achievement when you're playing Liverpool:( ).

And I think that Arsenal physio needs to be sacked. I think the coin that hit his head in the United match must have given him brain damage. Henry injured my arse. A hamstring injury from the Chelsea match. Yeah right. Anyone who has ever gotten a hamstring injury would know that you bloody well feel it when it happens. And you can hardly walk off the pitch. You pretty much hobble off. And Henry certainly didn't hobble off against Chelsea. He was taken off becchause he played ****. We all know that.

I know Arsenal fans say it's mind games. It's not. It was Wenger covering his ass so he wouldn't get roasted for taking Henry off. It was him refusing to accept defeat with grace and not making excuses. It seems to be a trait of French managers as Mr. Houllier has perfected it too. Difference is, Arsenal are good enough to bounce back from defeats. Not like Liverpool.
    :mad: :mad:

by who exactly utd fans? football fans
    or do you read everthing you read in the paper or website(arsenal lack bottle blah blah blah!!:rolleyes: )

No I don't believe what I read in the papers. I'm on about football fans in general. I've not met one person, not one, who wasn't an Arsenal fan who was disappointed to see them lose in the FA Cup or the league. Call it jealously if you like but I don't think it is. Sure everyone would love to be in Arsenals position right now but like I said before I can't ever think of a team lying about injuries or making such bull**** excuses cause they lost fair and square.

I think JippoKelly said it well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Huzzah, another thread descends into knobwaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by JippoKelly
    It seems every single thread in this forum turns in to a bitch-fight between United and Arsenal fans.

And I think that Arsenal physio needs to be sacked. I think the coin that hit his head in the United match must have given him brain damage. Henry injured my arse. A hamstring injury from the Chelsea match. Yeah right. Anyone who has ever gotten a hamstring injury would know that you bloody well feel it when it happens. And you can hardly walk off the pitch. You pretty much hobble off. And Henry certainly didn't hobble off against Chelsea. He was taken off becchause he played ****. We all know that. I know Arsenal fans say it's mind games. It's not. It was Wenger covering his ass so he wouldn't get roasted for taking Henry off. It was him refusing to accept defeat with grace and not making excuses.

Spot on. Anyone that has ever done a hamstring knows there is no way you could play a few days later. Wenger just used it as an excuse to take henry off who once again had frozen on the big stage. His performance yesterday was fantastic and if he could reproduce it in the bigger matches he would truly be a world class player.

To those few who said my comments were bitter I was just putting one silly statement into perspective. If in 10 years time Arsenal have dominated the league I may be biitter but all they have done so far is win the Leagueon the odd occasion which is an achievement but to win it year after year thats the hard part which they have not managed yet.

It is a pity that every thread turns into a united arsenal bitchfest but it appears that "some" arsenal fans can not comment on their own team without haveing a dig at united or their fans .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Something I always find hilarious is how anybody who supports United is obviously just doing it for Glory.

Sure my dad supported them, and sure the first football match I ever saw was Giggs running around like a mad man and hence became my most favorite player ever, yet of course its c ause they always win stuff :rolleyes:

Anyway, Arsenal fans will now get a taste of their own medicine unfortunately, as since Arsenal are doing so well lots of people will start supporting them :)
    Funny old world aint it?

In response to nightstrike im a Newcastle fan who wanted Arsenal to win , but then again im not the fondest of united .

In response to the hamstring thing , if he had injured it good and proper he would have been out for weeks . (ive ****ed up my hamstring before and it dosent heal in 3 days , u would be closer multiply them 3 days by 10 at least )

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

CAn any of you Arsenal doubters actually post up a link where AW is quoted as saying that TH has done his hamstring in. I think you will see that all that was stated is that TH has a hamstring problem - not pulled just a problem. COuld of been a strain, knock, tightening etc.

Hyzepher

well a strain would have put him out but he could have played if it was just niggling him . ( but theres no point in evening saying he has a injury if its only niuggling him )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Big Ears
    And thats why Arsenal are top of the league from winning more often .

You don't work for the Daily Star by any chance do you ??? ;)

Tinky

someone close this thread the new thing with arsenal now appears to be that there is a conspiracy regarding the injuries of players

all of a sudden we have a board full of qualified physios

It is hilarious to see people giving out that Arsenal allegedly faked Henrys injury. Seriously who cares? And what difference does it make? The levels some people will stoop to in order to have a dig at Arsenal is unbelieveable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Originally posted by Jivin Turkey
    It is hilarious to see people giving out that Arsenal allegedly faked Henrys injury. Seriously who cares? And what difference does it make? The levels some people will stoop to in order to have a dig at Arsenal is unbelieveable.

Agreed when Red Nose at Old Trafford does it it's great mind games but if Wenger does it it's cheating

Moan Utd fans have to face facts Arsenal are the number 1 side (for now)

Originally posted by Jivin Turkey

i know who cares if henry wasnt as badly injured as they thought same with reyes too.

chelsea's everyones second team yea right:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Originally posted by Harry2001
    Utd fans have to face facts Arsenal are the number 1 side (for now)

havn't beaten us this season.

they mave have got a stage further than us in the champs league but we have gone a stage futher than them in the fa cup. they cancel each other out.
    im sure arsenal fans would much rather be in the fa cup final rather than get knocked out of the 1/4 finals of champs league.

league is the only thing arsenal have the upperhand in. but that will change as arsenal are playing above themselves in the league. that side cant cope with pressure and just crack. had arsenal been level pegging with chelsea or manu in the league at this stage, they'd blow that too.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by smemon
    havn't beaten us this season.

they mave have got a stage further than us in the champs league but we have gone a stage futher than them in the fa cup. they cancel each other out.
    im sure arsenal fans would much rather be in the fa cup final rather than get knocked out of the 1/4 finals of champs league.

league is the only thing arsenal have the upperhand in. but that will change as arsenal are playing above themselves in the league. that side cant cope with pressure and just crack. had arsenal been level pegging with chelsea or manu in the league at this stage, they'd blow that too.
    I nominate this for most stupid post of the year.

Originally posted by kaids
    I nominate this for most stupid post of the year.

:rolleyes: well i nominate this!

wenger rested reyes and henry during the semi, so that is a clear indication where the priorities lied

• Advertisement

i dont agree with this at all. on Friday chelsea were 4 points behind if we had lost on Friday and chelsea had won today they would be 1 point behind us. Yet we didnt crack at all instead we blew Liverpool away in the second half and won 4-2. I also refuse to believe that the team is playing above themselves there simply playing to their potential. 31 games and undefeated can hardly be put down to simply playing above themselves. They have been consistent all season.

it has been United who have cracked this year in the league. Ferguson was constantly talking about how United were going to have their usual strong spell after Christmas and instead they imploded.

anyway I can see this thread going around in circles so ill bow out

no, that was wenger getting cocky and thinking any of his 11 could beat utd. afterall, he did bring the 2 of them on which shows he was desperate enough to win.

you dont rest players in massive games who are being paid thousands of pounds to play. fergie does it too, i know but i dont like it. it's their job to be fit and if you have 4 games in 8 days you shut up and get on with it, leave that to the behind the scenes crew.

the word 'priority' doesnt exist in the last month or 2 of a season, unless your in the league cup, ALL games are must win games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

This thread has gone totally off topic so I'm closing it. Please feel free to start a new one to continue the discussion.

Gandalf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement