Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utv's Download Cap ??

• 09-04-2004 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone got charged for going over the cap ? because i just checked my monthly useage and i've gone over it ? i thought it was more then 5 gigs aswell

Your current bandwidth usage this month is:

Incoming: 5053.5MB
    Outgoing: 1257.2MB

Please note: You have exceeded your monthly download allocation of 5GB.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Your cap is 8gigs (or 16), that's a mistake on the UTV usage counter.
    The UTV usage counter is only a beta, they will not be charging anybody yet on the evidence of the usage counter alone, it is only meant as a rough guide at the moment. On the newsgroups people have reported that it is unaccurate, so I'd say you're okay for the moment as long as you don't abuse the liberty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, it seems to be reporting roughly one third to one half more than what people are actually using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

last month of 8 gig limit the gf went a bit crazy and downloaded 14gigs, didnt get charged a penny.

eircom only recently notified their customers again that they MIGHT start charging. And speaking to one of the utv reps the other week he had no problem admitting they are still currently working on a system to track the down and upload.

Advertisement