Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4 days in L.A??????????

• 09-04-2004 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭

Will be in L.A from July 7 to 12 & well I'm looking for somethin to do? Anyone got any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Well there is always the usual tourist things (Hollywood, Universal Studios, Disneyland, 6 Flags Magic Mountain...). You could do one day at each quite comfortably.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

yeah there is one thing you definitely have to do and set a whole day aside for this. Go to Universal Studios in Hollywood, you won't regret it, went there last year, paid $40 for a day's admission which allows you to go on all the rides/attractions. You have to see the Shrek 4-d experience, it was out of this world. Also the park has great restauarants/bars/cinemas and it's not too far from the subway. though i reckon the queues might be longer for most rides as opposed to being there in October.

furthermore be prepared to accept that LA is generally a dive, honestly!!! and Hollywood isn't all that it's cracked up to be but it's still worth visiting.... Stayed in LA Downtown at the Marriott, wasn't to bad at all and it is close to the subway which takes you to all main spots in LA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

Cheers for the idea's... the stopover is basically the end of a round world trip, and I've put no thought whatsoever into the place!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Universal Studios is good. Do one of the tourist trips, they can be quite fun. Go for lunch at the Farmers Market - well worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 graciek

there is the warner bros. studios tour, i've heard it's excellent, with tours of sets and stuff. unfortunately when i was in l.a. i would have missed my flight by going so i couldn't!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

Well at the moment I'm kinda considering grabbing flights and gettin a few days at the Grand Canyon... but reckon as I'll probably have bugger all cash left this might be a no no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

Go here, then decide where to go there.

There's a million things to do in L.A. I'm heading over this summer (second time in six months), which will be my sixth time there. Every trip has been different, even when I've repeated stuff (universal studios/disney etc), it's been a different experience.

I repeat again, there's a million things to do....

Advertisement