Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phones incompatible with IOL BB ?

• 09-04-2004 6:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just a quick query. I've done the IOL BB self install & had no issues apart from not being able to use my existing house phones with the supplied line filters. I've narrowed it down to my phones as I've borrowed filters from a friend & had the same problems so I know its not the filters. I've also managed to borrow a phone from someone & it works fine with my original filters. My setup is that I've got 4 phone points in the house with only 2 phones - just got 2 spare points installed when Eircom were putting in the lines.

When I try to use my phones I can hear from the speaker in the handset on one but its mic doesn't pickup my voice when talking. On my other phone I can hear ok but when I speak the sound picked up by the mic is like digital chatter. I'm happy go to purchase 2 new phones as my existing ones (2 Eircom Avoca models) must obviously be too old & incompatible with the BB service. Anyone else come across issues with using their phones with the supplied filters (Excelsus Z-230PJ) or BB service. My phones work perfectly as they've always done when I'm not using the BB service & have no filters connected.
    Thanks in advance for any feedback,

B'man

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭dubmick

I have a portable-digital phone that disconnects my dsl any time I use it for more than a few minuted..right pain in the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Does the avoca model have a screen, if so maybe it's drawing too much power on the line for dsl to work along with it.
    I don't think it's good too have too many phones on your line.

Advertisement