Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland for automatic promotion?

• 09-04-2004 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭

After a shaky start to the season Sunderland look pretty decent now. Anyone else think they can grab one of the automatic spots? McCarthy doing a great job (again) with all his Irish rejects McAteer, Breen, and Babb (good to see he has recovered from castrating himself on that post at anfield trying to keep out casiraghi!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

sunderland are shoite.even if they get promoted they will finish bottom of the premiership in 2005. Im sick of pro- mccarthy sentiment on this board. he couldnt even score a point in the premiership with sunderland last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

What AngelofFire said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I wouldn't mind seeing Scumderland back in the oul Premier League, just to see McCarthy's face when he travels to Old Trafford and his team get stuffed four or five nil, with Keano having the game of his life.

I don't think they'll make it in automatically, but could do it in the playoffs, judging by theit performance against one of their possible playoff opponents Sheff Utd I'd say they have a strong chance of playing Premiership football next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep I'd be delighted to see Sunderland back in the Premiership. McCarthy is a good manager and this season he has proved it. Last year he took over a Sunderland team that were already doomed and considering they lost several key players before the start of this season he has done well. Also from the point of view of us Irish supporters I think its better that the Ireland players on his team play Premiership footy instead of Division 1.

Twosheds just doesn't like Sunderland cause he's a bit of a toon ;)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

I wouldn't mind seeing Scumderland back in the oul Premier League, just to see McCarthy's face when he travels to Old Trafford and his team get stuffed four or five nil, with Keano having the game of his life.

Yeah, I was looking forward to a similar scenario in Cardiff, but Millwall had to go screw it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They can do it but proberly via the play-offs. I nearly hate to say it but McCarthys done a great job.

Mike.

Advertisement