Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software for copying DVDs

• 09-04-2004 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any good(free) software for copying DVD's.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 George_h

Try www.doom9.org

DVD shrink is probably the best for ripping. also lets you get rid of the extras to fit it onto a recordable DVD which has less space than a commerical :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

Pinncale Instant Copy does it all for you and it produces excellent results...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

I find dvd shrink very simple , great quality and free
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

I use DVD Decrypter to decrypt/Verify/Copy the DVD onto the Hard drive.
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/
    Then I use Nero Recode 2 (Comes with DVD burner) to squash the movie onto a
    4.7 GB Disk. I've ripped about 20 DVD's from the video shop onto DVD +R using this system without any errors. No visible loss of quality on any DVD's.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

where's your local Aldi..

yoink

not exactly free, but it might aswell be at that price..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Cheers for the above.managed to rip DVD to my harddrive but the version of Nero i have won't let my burn image files to a DVD. Anyone know any good free software i could download to do the above?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

If you download the demo version of Nero 6 you can turn it into a full version by entering a valid serial key.
    I would not recommend getting this serial key on a warez website because its illegal.
    But theres an option to pay for the serial number by credit card on the nero site.
    You also need to Download Nero recode 2 to get the functionality to squash say a 6 GB movie onto a 4.7 GB DVD+R..
    http://www.nero.com/en/631940677298374.php;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Simple, quick n free

linkage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

DVD Shrink to recode and burn back to DVDR (does both btw, so you don't need nero, and it's free), or DVDx if you plan on making DivX's out of your movies.

I'm ripping with DVD Decrypter at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Cheers for the above , worked a charm. As a bonus my DVD+Rs play in my Sony DVD player which refuses to play CD-Rs. Kinda Bizzare.

• Advertisement
Advertisement