Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Connections

Options
  • 09-04-2004 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I've recently moved to Ireland and have been trying to set up an internet connection in my house but seem to be chasing my tail the whole time. I have an existing phone connection to Eircom and therefore I take it I must either use Eircom.net or Indigo.ie. Having visited both their websites from an internet cafe it seems the only way to start using them as my ISP is to download the software but in order to do this in my house I must already have an internet connection. I had expected that they would be able to send me a disk with the required software but it appears not. Can anybody tell me how to set up an internet connection without already having internet access in the house. Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

What version of Windows are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

call eircom and ask for the number. i needed to do it a few days ago.
    you don't need the cd. all that will do is put annoying short cuts on your desk top and set the home page to eirom.net.
    just give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

set your machine to dial 1892150150 with any username and password, and boom, your on.

(origionally posted on the wrong area, sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

The number above is right, setup the a/c in the cafe, don't download the file - and note the username and password.

Advertisement