Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dropping packets on internal wlan card?

• 09-04-2004 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just picked up a new Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop, and it appears that the internal wlan card, a Dell Truemobile 1400 dual band wlan mini pci card doesnt appear to be working to its full tilt.

I have a Netopia 3347w wireless router (eircom supplied) and my laptop picked it up and connected. All is fine for a few mins, then the packets start to drop. Consistantly 1 out of 3 return.

Now, I got the lend of a USB wlan adapter and installed fine. Now it flies along, no packet loss, a really good connection with that device.

I have checked for power management on the inbuilt card, compared it to the USB adapter, anything in the bios, checked within the driver setup of the device. I also checked on broadbandreports.com and tweaked any settings like MTU or RWIN etc. No change.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

If you've the internal bluetooth, try disabling it and see. I've the 1400 in my inspiron 8600 and when the bluetooth is enabled it performs very poorly - I think they interfere with each other, and may even share the same internal antenna. Also, they recently released newer drivers for the 1400, so give them a go too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Cheers Brendan, will let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

:( I have tried that, and still no joy. Still dropping packets and when I went to install the new drivers, it didnt pick up anything, saying connection failed when I went to re-enable the device.

Anything else before I ring Mumbai?

Advertisement