Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dune 2000

Options
  • 09-04-2004 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

I got a lend of Dune 2000 there. It seems pretty good, but does anyone else think that your troops are stupid eejits!? they will stand there and willingly let an enemy unit blow the jolly bollocks off your soilders or building and wont do anything. Using the guard function marginally raises their ability to kill, but not by much. Anyway of stopping this?
    Also, which came first, the books or the games? And will the C&C Movie come out, or has it already?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by superconor
    I got a lend of Dune 2000 there. It seems pretty good, but does anyone else think that your troops are stupid eejits!? they will stand there and willingly let an enemy unit blow the jolly bollocks off your soilders or building and wont do anything. Using the guard function marginally raises their ability to kill, but not by much. Anyway of stopping this?
    Also, which came first, the books or the games? And will the C&C Movie come out, or has it already?
    You serious? :eek:

a) you are playing a game thats a least 3 years old, already succeeded by a sequel of sorts (Emperor - Battle for Dune), few here would remember it anyhow as it wasnt popular.
    b) You are actually asking did the shallow, empty games come out before such a legendary series books?

Grrrr.. :mad:

I may as well answer your questions... Dune 2000 was almost an "pet" project at Westwood, gameplay was poor, the AI was crap, engine outdated,. The Dune books were released in 1965. I know nothing of a C&C movie, tho I imagine some twat like Uwe Boll does.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

Originally posted by Matt Simis
    You serious? :eek:

a) you are playing a game thats a least 3 years old, already succeeded by a sequel of sorts (Emperor - Battle for Dune), few year would remember it anyhow as it wasnt popular.

... and it (Dune 2000) was really just a rehash/update of Dune 2: The Battle for Arrakis with was released in 1992. Having said that the original Dune 2 was classic IMO at the time. Dune (1) was some form of graphical adventure me/thinks - but my memory is vague on that.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Yes, Dune2 was quite amazing at the time and Dune was a graphic adventure by Cyro (I think). It was also quite good. Pity neither Dune II or Dune 2K was released for any PDAs, it would work well.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Yeah I thought the first Dune game was amazing with that video at the start (video! real video!) with the actress form the movie's opening (the princess) "The beginning is a delicate time", etc., .

One of the first CD-ROM games AFAIR. Then came 7th Guest....wooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

i still have dune 1 around somewhere, yep twas groundbreaking for its time

ah the good old days

shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Originally posted by Captain Trips
    One of the first CD-ROM games AFAIR. Then came 7th Guest....wooo!

Arrrgh! Chess Puzzles!
    *runs away*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

Ah man the original Dune was very cool you had just got onto Dune as the Atreides and it like and adventure stategy and RPG it was quite strange really since it was just point and click but i love that game.
    It was Dune 2 that spawned the likes of C&C but most people know that anyway it was fairly poor but for the time cool bit of retro stuff now.

Advertisement