Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom I-stream Error 721 Help required!

• 10-04-2004 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I have Eircom I-stream home package for > 6months with no problem, but a few days ago it disconnected and when I reconnect it gives “Error 721: Remote computer does not respond.”

The DSL Modem (D-Link DSL-100D internal PCI Modem) is working fine as far as I can see. I have rebooted several times and it goes through the detecting..connecting..connected sequence fine and the transmitted/ received packets is fine also. It shows upstream & downstream speeds as usual..so the system realises it is on a DSL line, but I can’t “log on”.

I have googled error 721 but can’t find a lot. All I can see suggests this is a ISP –Server problem, and unlikely to be on my end.
    Eircom support is not full of ideas. The best I got was to escalate the problem to their network people. Had me changing ip addresses etc, which have worked fine for 6 months…

Many thanks for any assistance
    Gerry (now dial-up)
    :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

When we come across 721's, it is usually a PSTN cease or a server issue. If eircom support have stated that it has been escalated then they are looking into it.

Has your PSTN line been ceased recently for any reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Have you tried creating a new connection? i.e. going throught the whole vpi/vci setup routine again?

I had a different error (650) but a similar message (remote server not responding). I also have a DSL-100D and that solved the problem.

Advertisement