Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fitzwilliam last thursday??

• 10-04-2004 12:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭

Was anyone there? it was the first thursday I went to. I arrived into the tourny 45 mins late, blinds 50/100, I'd only 700 to start with. Had to be very patient. Only in about 3 hands. Got Q4o when I was big blind. Someone raised which would mean I'd be all in, or else I could wait and see what I'd get when I'd be chipless because of small blind. So I folded Q4. Would have won the pot, someone else hit a 4 with a 9 kicker. But then I got cowboys, 2 Q on flop, gal had Q. Just wondering were any of you there? I had a black wrist support on and brown t-shirt.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

There was a few of us there alright, I was talking to some of the lads beforehand. Not sure how well anyone did, I was doing ok until I hit an A high flush on a flop and went all in for about 2,000, got called by a girl with 3 9's and she picks up the fourth on the river!!

After that I was always chasing it, got knocked out in 30th or something..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

It was the night of poor luck for me. AKs, 99, TT, and QQ all lost, despite everyone of them into each flop heads up and ahead. Cleaned up when allowed to limp in with A7o and catching two-pair, got AKo a couple of hands into the freezeout and made it pay off. Was feeling alright when I got KK a little later, raised one lad who then put me all in, I called, he flipped bullets. All over.

Wasn't too pissed off though, I only get annoyed with poker when I think I've made mistakes, I didn't really make any that I could see that night. Just kept getting outdrawn, a lot. I should've known that fecker had aces though.

Advertisement