Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown playing the Racist card for ratings methinks

• 10-04-2004 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

The segments today on smackdown with Jr ewing wannabe bradshaw has got to be the most useless piece of rubbish ive ever seen in my life

First getting an obvious plant to wax his car for a prize of a 1000 dollars if he could do it in 60 seconds (which he didnt) was the lowest smackdown moment ever so far

But wait it gets better, then they have him at the Great american award supposedly kicking mexicans back over the border in the dead of night

And heres me thinking the katie vick Saga was bad but this ranks right up there, it smacks of directionless writers who havent a clue as to what to do when they turn around and play the racist card yet again

Shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

(Think a spoiler tag should have been put on there man, doesnt bother me, but if you can edit it before anyone else notices. Anyway...)

Sounds ingenius!

Cant wait to fall asleep during it tonight. Can anyone give me a logical answer as to why WWE are conducting them selves like rectal probes? Especially with the ever growing companys that may soon be a threat to them.

If Fox Sports in the states sign Tna, and Jerret makes all his talent sign those iron clad contracts, WWE will have to cut the crap and get the thinking caps on...

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I haven't been able to understand this angle. Bradshaw says that he has made his fortune himself (and in the context of the storyline, it's all true). He talks about how people boo him because he's successful, and then when he offers them money, they cheer him. He said on SD that that is a sad way to act, and I agree there. If people are going to cheer for someone they don't like just because they're giving away money, then those people are sell-outs.

The fan who washed his car didn't deserve any money in my opinion, because he sold-out for money (obviously it's just a storyline, and the guy was told to do what he did).

As for the kicking the Mexicans back over the border, what's wrong with that?! It would be worse if WWE were to actually encourage illegal immigrants.

It is a bit of a crap angle, but the whole basis of it relies on people booing Bradshaw because he's successful and they're not.

I kinda get what you mean Fozzy, its not very well thought through and a bit all over the place. But since a vast majority of the American WWE audience are hispanic, it cant be a very good idea. Mexican and Southern fans take pro wrestling very seriously, and in a way still up hold kayfabe.

Bradshaw is a back stage politician and the only reason he is getting his shot is cos Ron Simmons was more diserving and Bradshaw knew it. Bradshaw held them both in the tag ranks so he could go for the worlds title when Simmons inevitable retired.

Its all BS and to do with power. Bradshaw is on top at the moment, but the angle that got him there makes as much sence as revernet D-Von. A horrible 180 angle, from Satanic acolyte to beer guzzeler to texan oil refinery stock market steriotype.

Nice one creative...

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

sorry sould have taken my own advice and not posted this, thought everyone would have seen it by now

Anyway apologies

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

The JBL angle really feels like it was thrown together at the last minute, which is probably because it was, SD lost their 2 top heels in angle and lesnar and needed to come up with something quick. I can't see the eddie/bradshaw feud lasting much past the next SD ppv, and thank god for that. I think it's an ok idea to sorta rehash the million dollar man thing, but because it was so rushed it's just fallen flat. Plus it doesn't help that bradshaw can't sustain more than a 3 minute match.
    I really woulda liked to have seen a top heel go over the SD in the draft, not necessarily, but maybe batista and flair going over and evolution having to recruit or something.
    To be honest i'd prefer to see the big show getting a push ahead of bradshaw, though seeing as he's working injured at the moment, it'll be more likely they'll give him the time off he needs, sooner rather than later.
    Actually, with the push shelton benjamin is getting t the moment, maybe pushing charlie haas up as a heel wouldn't be a bad idea, though maybe not into the world title picture just yet, but out of all the midcarders, he's definitely got the most potentail to be the top heel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

I dont see it as playing the racist card, but smackdown has really gone down hill. The whole idea of all the top stars being on Raw is true but I thought the idea of the roster split was to create new stars, so why dont smackdown take that advice and create new stars, not old turned into new stars {bradshaw}. Charlie Hass is one of the main examples. There is also a huge pile of cruiserweights that could be pushed, Ultimo Dragon, Rey Mysterio etc who the fans will get behind.

I do think that their are a million people that should take JBLs place.

Hass, Big Show, Booker is doing a good job in the uncontent angle. Im finding it a great origional unseen twist. Booker was so stale 2 weeks ago. Its obvious now, that if he drops the comedy, he can be a great heel (unlike circa January 2002 with his anti-Austin Heel angle)

Me thinks that if they push an RVD/Booker T hatred angle for a few months with a good few encounters, mabey a few stipulations it could escilate Booker and RVD to main event status. RVD has been stale also, this could be a nice alternative to thge curtin jerking he was doing on RAW. IMO both Booker and RVD belong at the top of the card.

Work the Booker/RVD fewd hard, then mabey 2-3 months down the road throw em into a tripple threat with the champion at the time. BANG! Instant main eventers.

What yall think?

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

That's exactly how I imagine it will go Hanza. I don't think they wanted to throw those 2 guys straight into the main event, and they probably promised Bradshaw some kind of push, so why not do it now and get it out of the way. I think this is just their quiet period until they build their stars (RVD, Booker T, Haas)

Advertisement