Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Basement Scrap - Who'll Survive?

• 10-04-2004 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Heres the new bottom of the table -

15 Man City
    16 Blackburn
    17 Leeds United---- 31
    18 Portsmouth
    19 Leicester City---- 28
    20 Wolves

With just a handful of games left who do you think will drop?

Mike.

Who'll Go Down? 83 votes

Blackburn
    0% 0 votes
    Leceister
    22% 19 votes
    Leeds
    33% 28 votes
    Man City
    19% 16 votes
    Portsmouth
    7% 6 votes
    Wolves
    16% 14 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Wolves, Leicester and Blackburn (hopefully)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i think thats the way it'l finish to be honest, i hope so anyway.

portsmouth are full of pensioners who'll do a decent job on huge wages.

leicester aren't premiership material, too many average players and never going to progress any more up the league with that team and manager.

wolves are dead and buried. after a good last season were we all thought they were a decent side having played some terrific cup ties (like sheffield utd), however they are bluffers and cant hack it in the league. i dont even remember them being out of the bottom 3 this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Wolves, Leicster, and Blackburn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Wolves Leicester and i think blackburn could be in trouble with their top strikers rumoured to be moving on on the summer the motivation for a tough battle may not be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

The three Promoted teams will bite the dust...Go on LEEDS

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

leeds look as if they might, just might stay up...

hope they do, there a decent team but just had a rough time recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    Wolves, Leicester and Blackburn

Yep. Millwall. WBA and Norwich to replace them BTW

Portsmouth will go down next year .

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

My own choices are Wolves (sniff!) Leicester and Blackburn as they seem to be in freefall.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Hope dirty smelly leeds go down. I reckon wolves and (hopefully ) leicester as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I went for Wolves, Leicester and Blackburn. Wolves and Leicester are fúcked, Blackburn are a shambles this season, their home record is a disgrace so I think they'll finish third from bottom, with Portsmouth just about staying up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I think it'll be Wolves, Leicester and either Blackburn or Man City. I'd hate to see Man City go down as the Manchester Derbies are usually good games from a neutrals perspective. Blackburn have some genuine quality, like Man city, but just aren't performing.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Wolves and Leicester definitely, but I'm going to be unusually optimistic for a Leeds fan and say that we'll stay up and Blackburn will carry on their downward slide into the first division. I'm not deluded enough to think that Leeds are a great team this season, but there has been a bit of hope from the last couple of performances, not least the fact that the players actually looked like they wanted to stay up for a change, while Blackburn were abysmal yesterday and I can't see them picking up too many more points.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Thank god leeds are starting to play well and string a few wins together so we are definitely gonna stay up now. I think it will be wolves,leicester and blackburn to go down.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

If Tottenham don't get out this tailspin they're in they could find themselves in big trouble in the closing games of the season, they have the second worst form in the premiership!

/me daydreams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Spurs will be saved by the crapness of the teams below them (I hope!)

That said, I don't see us winning any of our 3 remaining away games, in fact we won't even get a draw from one of 'em. Add the inevitable defeat to the Gooners at White Hart Lane and today's match at home to Man City is looking very much a must-win.

:(

Advertisement