Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC World now not selling cheap games anymore

Options
  • 10-04-2004 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

I believe this should have a thread by itself because what im about to tell you really pissed me off big time

Was in Wateford branch today looking for something completely different to games, but while i was there I said id take a gander anyways, and lo and behold there was all the new stock on the shelves, but there was no stickers full price or otherwise on these, so i collared the guy who was putting them out and asked him was this new stock at the reduced price and this is what he said

1) No these are all back upto full price

2) But if you can find a 14:99 or 19:99 sticker on the same game in the reduced section ( which is now only on one shelf in waterford) well give you that game at that price

3) But i said none of these games are priced yet, "Oh yes he said anything that doesnt have a sticker on is full price as well.

So i dunno whats going on, but at the mo in the waterford store only the scrag ends of whats left is reduced, all new stock is back up to full price

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Ah in fairness you didnt really think it was going to be a long term thing, right? They always said it was a stock reducing exercise.

Im a bit annoyed that I didnt take the time to go out when it had just started though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I didn't think it'd last forever either, but there was word from someone in the other thread about more low-priced games coming on Monday?

Looks like your bank account will get a breather Shin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Ah yes theres an upside to everything

:D

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

I was in the Liffey Valley branch today< since I seen the thread saying cheap games I decided to check it out, nothing much around, I saw Star Wars Kotor 48euro me grabs 19.99 sticker, like taking candy from a baby.Sweeeeeeet!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

The offer is still going on in PCWORLD Dundalk. Managed to get COD, UT2004, SW:KOTOR and BF:Vietnam for low, low prices and there is still plenty of stock left!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

PC world will pricematch any other pcworld store, so if you go to your local store and the games are full price but you know that they are cheaper in another branch, get the manager to call the other branch and once they get confirmation that it is cheap elsewhere they schould give it to you at the discount price.

worked for me getting far cry in the limerick branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

BTW I saw one BF Vietnam in Waterford yesterday for the 14.99 price. Already have it so left it there, probably gone by now, but if someone is looking for it it's worth a trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Bro works in PCWorld Blanch and they reduced the games so they could restock.....once the games they reduced are gone that is it......he did mention that they shipped aload of Xbox games over to Dixons and they are supposed to be reducing them to restock as well......

Advertisement