Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's so our year!

• 10-04-2004 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 thetis

They scared the living daylights out of me. I love the team. Think that in the past they are the best team that never won, but to be honest, they were appalling today. I was at the match and have never been so scared. The defense was awful, bar his conversion kicking, O'Gara was not good, Stringer, lets not talk about and the scrum may as well not have been there. None the less, it may be out year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

It was a tough game to come through. thetis, have a look at it on tv again, you might be more impressed than first time around. There was a lot going on at the back of the scrum, it was very difficult for Stringer to get clean ball, and the refereeing at that area was questionable imo.

I'd love to see Munster do it this year. And lads, it's about time ;)

C'mon Connacht!!

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Hate to be a pessimist, but I think Wasps will edge it against Munster. Having backed Munster to win by 16 pts or less on Saturday I think I'll do the reverse next time round, Wasps by xx pts or less. You can get Wasps at 6/5 outsiders to win in Dublin.

And I'm growing a little disillusioned with Hayes' less than adequate scrummaging. You can look to Horan's all round athletic ability as a fitting replacement for a lack of bite in the tight but I don't think you can say the same of Hayes. A really destructive tight-head could make Munster's pack second to none.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Wasps are probably the team Munster DIDN'T want to draw in the semis, even at Lansdowne.

They are full of people with points to prove eg Gatland and Dallaglio to name but the two most obvious. They have loads of quality elsewhere in their team as well. ANd a good away record.

Should be a first rate match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Originally posted by Trojan
    There was a lot going on at the back of the scrum, it was very difficult for Stringer to get clean ball, and the refereeing at that area was questionable imo.

I have to agree with you trojan the ref could see the stade scrum-half pulling out of stringer but done nothing about it until stringer decided he was going to punch the head off him(the scrum half)!!!

Very inconsistent referee's this year!

Hope Munster can do the job in Lansdowne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Actually, what I meant was that I thought the referee caused the problem by failing to draw the line for both of them early on. It was pretty hard to call either way Dave, both were to blame, though I must say that I did admire the way Stringer struck out, not for the violence, but for the sheer speed and agression of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement