Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Block Certain Ports?

• 10-04-2004 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if Eircom block connections on certain ports on your IP because i was trying to run IRC for a freind and he couldn't connect. I have no firewalls installed, and the Windows one is disabled.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

will i have never come accross any ports that are blocked and i use irc and a number of p2p programs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i had to open up a number of ports on the eircom netopia modem to allow bit torrent to work correctly 6881 - 6999 iirc but that was about it. i have had no issues with eircom and any other apps

data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Hmm, thanks, I'll check if that works tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Why on earth would eircom block port 6667 etc? As someone has already suggested, you probably just need to open it up on the firewall config on your dsl modem.

Advertisement