Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Forum - Please dont close it

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by Draupnir
    Well, I dunno how true that is but hey forget it, my ban is up tomorrow so Ill be back on posting my highly biased Man U loving ideals.

Excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Oh okay, Ive spent a week now trying to justify why I didnt deserve to get banned and all Ive come up with is "Its cos he is an Arsenal fan". Fair enough, I lose this round.

Tis a great old board though so I dont think it should be closed. Nearly everyone on is it sound and good for a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Draupnir considering the "Time for Change" warning issued on the board I do believe that Gandalf would have banned anyone posting the comment you did, . I honestly don't believe Gandalf is biased against Utd supporters and is fair with his decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Draupnir
    I went over the top in my enjoyment of an Arsenal defeat and got banned but I didnt make a single personal insult. I said "stick that up your ******", hardly a personal insult. Would I have been banned by a Man Utd supporting moderator? No. Would I have been banned by an impartial moderator? I doubt it. But I was banned by an Arsenal supporter. Go figure.
    Rather than "No" and "I doubt it", I suspect the answers to your questions would have been "Yes" and "Hell yeah". Go figure.

You're not doing the soccer forum any favours by objecting to getting banned for acting the maggot and repeatedly trying to justify it. If no-one acts the maggot there won't be any problems. Chances are that the forum would have been closed already if the admins didn't have confidence in the moderators with so much abuse on the board. It's their whim to keep it open and a change in their whim might result in them closing it. Help them to help you and keep that in mind when you're posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Jesus I have had it with these idiots. Ecksor shut down the soccer forum if you want to because as far as I am concerned at the moment its not worth the hassle.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I locked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Noooooooooo! I can feel the life blood draining away...(mods can feel thier life blood pressure draining also!)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Due to the lack of civil behaviour, the moderators have asked me to close this forum.

ffs it's no worse than usual in there at the moment.

I thought that was the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

That may be the point. Camel/straw etc..

<edit: ecksor is clearly too quick off the mark for me.>

• Advertisement

I went over the top in my enjoyment of an Arsenal defeat and got banned but I didnt make a single personal insult. I said "stick that up your ******", hardly a personal insult.

What a dipshit attitude. God forbid the Soccer forum would be for talking about your own team, no let's have a laugh at someone else being beaten :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭TheC0CK

oh ****ing fantastic.

Because the mods can not do what they CHOSE to do, they close it. Get some other mods if they do not want to do it. Why close the only board I really post on this place? FFS!:mad:

I'll moderate it :) as a Newcastle fan (who hardly ever get mentioned in the forum) I can't be accused of Man U/Arsenal bias :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Create a man united forum
    re-open soccer forum.

Problem solved.

Oh,and I'll mod soccer,if it goes towards re-opening it.
    I mean dear christ, why should the entire soccer community as a whole be punished because of the odd few ****wits?

Originally posted by TheC0CK
    oh ****ing fantastic.

Because the mods can not do what they CHOSE to do, they close it. Get some other mods if they do not want to do it. Why close the only board I really post on this place? FFS!:mad:

Some people might think that I'm unjustified in banning you, but since you post from the same IPs as Ronaldo7 and Michelangelo and possibly others I've forgotten, I'm ignoring the defence "there are 6 of us in this house" on the basis that even if its true ye're probably all more trouble than ye're worth anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by ecksor
    I locked it.

Where will we be able to call for the sacking of Gerard Houllier and engage in constant Arsenal - Man U flaming???

Oh wait - right here in Feedback / Suggestions. Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'll mod it....

John

;)

Originally posted by ecksor
    Some people might think that I'm unjustified in banning you, but since you post from the same IPs as Ronaldo7 and Michelangelo and possibly others I've forgotten, I'm ignoring the defence "there are 6 of us in this house" on the basis that even if its true ye're probably all more trouble than ye're worth anyway.

Rockin' good news!! :)

Add Unexpected to that list.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

So TheC0CK and Unexpected were really Ronaldo7 and Michelangelo? I won't say i told yis so... ;)

I still think having the board closed to all but the users with the appropriate access flags set by the mods is the best way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Firstly can I say what a good job the mods did with the soccer forum despite the concentrated muppetry it seemed to attract. A hard job well done.

Its a real pity that the forum has been closed. I thought the recent crackdown had gone a long way towards removing the antagonism from the forum, but it appears even that was not enough. There's been some really interesting discussions going on there despite the sh*tehawks, and I sincerely hope that it can be reopened.

I'll throw my hat in the moderating ring if there's any chance of it being re-opened. I'm a Spurs fan who only hates Robbie Savage, so should be able to get on with everybody...;)

Finally, can people like TheCOCK lay off the "its so unfair" routine. You do not own boards.ie, nor does boards owe you anything. Contribute to the community, and accept its rules whether they suit your agenda or not. Then we might see the forum back in operation...:dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Jesus Christ this would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic.

Way to make a mountain out of a molehole chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

you cant be serious about the soccer forum....

april fools was last week!

ban the offenders, its what they do everywhere else. dont punish the fans.

i'd love to moderate it if i had half the chance!!

maybe thats what you need, more moderaters? its a popular forum, i spend most of my time on boards.ie in college and at home on it.

my suggestion -

1)update the charter to make it stricter
    2)enforce it to the limit

if there is one incident of flaming in a thread, lock the thread.

tough love is the only answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Now that it's locked it will be easier to implement access rights to the forum.
    Just do it like CS it'll work nicely.

There are a lot of people that only seem to post on the soccer forum, so the longer it's locked the longer it hurts them.

And unless Gandalf, Vagga and T4TF are of the opinion it's need more moderators I don't think we should add more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

at first i didnt know why the forum was locked but after looking at this thread then i understand fully:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Just move our lovley friendly debates to

sports> sports

for now anyway

Football is a sport...right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Well well well, it seems I caused a bit of hassle, my apologies. No need to go closin the forum, cant people have a bit of crack around here?

Less stress more success boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

I'll gladly help out with moderating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

I'll throw my hat into the ring if the mods feel they need more help.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Emboss
    Just move our lovley friendly debates to

sports> sports

for now anyway

Football is a sport...right?

Don't be surprised if gandalf or myself decides to react in a nasty manner to this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement