Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer support these days is just great, I love EA :hearteyes:

Options
  • 10-04-2004 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

My question;

Customer 04/08/2004 07:36 PM
    Im having trouble in generals online. I can connect to some poeple, but other people I cannot. And I tend to get disconnected ALOT. I have just noticed, my Online IP is the same as my LAN IP(192.168.0.3) which is the ip I have assigned my computer, on my home network. In the main menu/options on Zero Hour, it will not allow my to change my Online IP, is there any other way to do this?

I am using router, but I have already forewarded the ports. I am only having this problem with ZeroHour, Generals is working fine.

EA's reply;

Response (Box Alex I.) 04/09/2004 06:19 PM
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting EA Technical Support. We will be happy to provide you help with the troubles and concerns you have.

Latency in the game is something that is out of our control. We cannot facilitate how an ISP's network is run and administrated. If you're getting lag during game play or "connection problems" error during play, this would indicate there is some sort of congestion on your network or the route to the server you're trying to play on.
    The only suggestions I can offer you in regards to solving this issue is to make sure you're joining servers with low pings, which is very important. I would suggest not joining any server that is pinging over 150ms. Furthermore you can contact your ISP to try and determine why your game is lagging. Packet loss is the most common source of high pings or sudden disconnects from servers. Again this is something that is out of EA's control and must be taken up with the ISP's of your network who control and administrate their networks.
    If all else fails, you can always try doing trace routes to servers you're having trouble playing on, to try and determine if the route is bad or your own internal network is the issue. You can get a nice easy trace route utility from www.blackcastlesoft.com, it's called "UO Trace" and you can use it to show the hops to servers and how much latency each hop is producing. You can use that information to help your ISP fix the overall network lag you're experiencing.
    Please note, only Cable, DSL or better connections are supported, 56.6k Dial up connections are not supported per the bottom of the box where the system requirements are listed.

How the F**K has this got any relevance to the questin I put forth?! F***ing @ss clowns

Oh god I hate EA.
    :mad:

Just a little rant. Wondering if anyone has any other bad tech help storys to share ;)

That EA, man, I dunno :dunno:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I hate Ea, they took over Westwood.
    WW was a brillent company.

If EA **** up CnC Tiberian Twilight
    i will kill them. I will kill them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

EA are slowly choking small game developers in Europe. They are flooding the market with expansion packs (how many Sims are there?) and sequels. I think PC World (or some other shop) even have a EA stand/shelf!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Why would you mail tech support with something like that? Ask on games forums instead, it's not like the tech support guys are actually playing the games online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Originally posted by User45701

If EA **** up CnC Tiberian Twilight
    i will kill them. I will kill them all.

Tiberium twilight?! :confused:

I thought they were making RA3 :ninja:

Heh, well do you know any new on when its going into production?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

this is more suited to games than after hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS did someone say RA3????!!!:D; which of the two is it RA3 or TT?, please let it be RA3!.

Neither are offical but i belive it will be TT first.
    Then RA3 then a TT expansion
    Then a RA3 expansion,

Well after that it will be probbley a few years, we will probbley have a new CnC game with a real physics engine like HL2

Neither are offical but i belive it will be TT first.
    Then RA3 then a TT expansion
    Then a RA3 expansion,

Well after that it will be probbley a few years, we will probbley have a new CnC game with a real physics engine like HL2

I had heard they had already bought ra3.com... www.ra3.com used to direct you to the westwood.ea site :dunno:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by mang87
    I had heard they had already bought ra3.com... www.ra3.com used to direct you to the westwood.ea site :dunno:

Maybe pre 2001? As the domain's current owner is not EA/WW and has not been since early 2001.

Originally posted by monument
    Maybe pre 2001? As the domain's current owner is not EA/WW and has not been since early 2001.

Sorry, got mixed up, it's; http://www.redalert3.com/

Directs you to westwood.ea.com

[edit] well feck, it's not even westwood.ea.com, its now "eagames.com" :dunno:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Just looked at it - the domain stays as "http://www.redalert3.com/" and the page is full of C&C stuff

Originally posted by monument
    Just looked at it - the domain stays as "http://www.redalert3.com/" and the page is full of C&C stuff

Very... Uhm... Observant, of you... ;)

OMG OMG OMG
    ow my heart OW,

it was pumping so fast i thought i was having a heart attack, i couldent see properly and i had a pain (not a tingle) in my left arm)

Jesus dont say it has cnc stuff on it like that, you should have said it has cnc stuff but its not new stuff.

noneone the less thanks for pointing iout that site, also know they Tiberiantwilight domains where taken before red3.

Ow my heart is still pumpin so fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

OMG OMG OMG
    ow my heart OW,

it was pumping so fast i thought i was having a heart attack, i couldent see properly and i had a pain (not a tingle) in my left arm)

Ow my heart is still pumpin so fast.

Not a big c&c fan then?Ah no-I kid cause I love.It would be cool but not as heart destroyingly so as you suggest.C&C rocks especially red alert!Hope they dont mess up RA3,hope they keep the general madness of the weapons etc and not make it all serious like The Generals-which was still good.

na i think Tiberian sun and Tiberian dawn (orginal CnC) are both better than the Ra games.

Advertisement