Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best of the best

Options
  • 10-04-2004 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

One of the main problems I have navigating a site of this size is to try and find all the threads that are interest or relevance to me. Even when I do locate such threads, I don't know if I've found everything that is of use/interest to me. I think that a good way to get around this would be to create a forum dedicated to the best threads of the other fora. This would fuction in a similar way to the 'Comedy Goldmine' forum on somethingawful.com, which does exactly what it says on the tin.

I would propose that if a moderator finds a particular thread of interest to people outside of the scope of the board, or even if the thread is particularly funny or relevant to current events, he/she should copy it to this board. I would furthurmore suggest that people should not be able to make replies within this board. The funtion of the board is simply to direct people towards the more interesting discussions. There should however be a mod just to vet which threads get submitted towards the boards as being of 'special interest'.

Just an idea in my brane. Reaction? Comments?

Edit: Dno't maek tiepoes
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thats for an upcoming feature we are adding to the site.

I'll look into the feasibility of this idea as its something that has occured to me before too....

DeV.

Advertisement