Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some CSS help

Options
  • 10-04-2004 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm having trouble with the CSS on this page:
    http://eypireland.com/xaraya/index.php/news/5

The problem is the "Comments Settings" option bar. it displays properly in Firefox, but in IE its absolutely massive. I've tried adding display: inline to the style on the form tag, but it didn't help.

The whole options bar is a bit of a kludge - I had to use a table for spacing the form elements because css floats don't seem to agree with this layout...

I could really use some pointers here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

IE doesn't handle widths very well. I wish I was making this up.

If you take away "width: 100%" from the table's style, the table displays fine, if a bit cramped. IE seems to be deciding to set the height of the table from the width; this is pretty nasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Just so you know: I'm not going to try and solve all the CSS problems with that site (it's a pretty nice design btw). But here's a few hints:

My first guess would be to try some relative positioning to sort out the widths, with negative values for "right:"... like "right: -5px". I remember that trick from a while ago, I'm not sure if it actually works :)

Get rid of the inline styles. Bad idea.

Try get hooked up with the css-discuss mailing list. Google for it (I would link but I'm lazy). It's fairly high traffic, but you'll get a much better response there.

Advertisement