Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair Dismissal

Options
  • 11-04-2004 11:45am
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭

OK, so I didn't have a great start, but I wasn't expecting to get the boot that quickly. I'm well into a game in Italy and I've managed a fair few teams at this stage with varying degrees of success. I haven't won anything but I've come close a few times (cup finals, league runners-up) and got a couple of teams promoted and managed to keep them in divisions that they had no right to be in - a bit like Harry Redknapp, I suppose.

I got offered a job by Triestina (Serie B) in early March and decided to take it. They were about 8 points above the relegation zone at that stage but turned out to be the worst team I'd ever managed and I avoided relegation by a point on the last day of the season. I offloaded a load of deadwood during the off season and brought in a good few new players, making a substantial profit for the club in the process. After a few friendlies I played the first two group games in the Italian cup and won both with the team playing some great football and things were looking up. Then just before the end of August, out of the blue I got the sack.

Anyone else been sacked after such a short time wheen they feel they didn't deserve it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

What was your nationality set to, clubs generally have less patience with foreign managers.

Also did you sell off fan favourites in your clear out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Best thing to do is to keep an eye on the Board Confidence. They usually have a reason indicating why they might be happy or unhappy with your performance. Never heard of anyone being sacked so soon really, but I have noticed that board confidence drops a lot during the off-season. Might be a bug.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I am set as Irish rather than Italian, but clubs have been fairly patient in the past. I did sell one favourite, but at a ridiculous profit over his value, and the fans have gotten over selling a favourite fairly quickly in the past. The last board update said they were pleased with my performance, and that was before I had the couple of wins under my belt. This boy was as sick as a parrot but I got over it. Now if I could only persuade my current employers that they really need a bigger stadium...

Advertisement