Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

auto ftp

Options
  • 11-04-2004 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

looking for a program that will auto ftp 1 folder to a designated site . dose anyone know of one that will do such act

thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Funnily enough I'm about to try that with ws-ftp lite by Ipswitch.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

yes, it's called ftp.exe, and its already on your system :)

Basically, go to a DOS prompt, and type ftp -?, and you'll see that one of the options is "ftp -s:file". Create a file that contains the commands you want to use and save it. Then all you need to do is to run ftp -s:file to do whatever you are trying to do, and if you want to schedule it you can write a batchfile that contains only the command "ftp -s:file", and use the windows scheduler to do it on a scheduled basis.

Let me know if you are having troubles and I might be able to help a bit more.

Advertisement