Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Player Problem

Options
  • 11-04-2004 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

I was useing Real One player and I decided to try the new real player 10 so I clicked upgrade and things have gone pear shaped.
    System locked up after the "upgrade" and now I get no respose whatsoever when I click the real.exe or try and open any sort of real player file.

I cant uninistal it properly because the original uninstaler got "lost" along the way.
    Tried deleting the directory and reinstaling multiple versions including the real alternative version but no joy. Any time I try and reinstall a new versin it says "We have detected a previous version of real player, would you like to uninstall first"
    but it wont uninstal because of the missing original uninstaler.

So Im sort of stuck now between instals.

Is ther any way of fiddling with the reg to fool the instaler into thinking there was no previous instalation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Uninstall it completely and google for "real alternative"
    Less sh1t to clog up your PC.

Advertisement