Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dance valley

• 11-04-2004 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

has anyone here been to this before?? there are a few of us going this year and we were wondering if people had any experiences of it? heard it was great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Where did you get your tickets from? Few of my friends are thinking about going this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

dont have tickets yet, one of the lads in college is dutch so i am hoping to get him to translate some of the sites 4 us. ill be buying them next week [all going well] this is where the offical site says to go http://www.ticketbox.nl/dance/2004_08_07_dancevalley.shtml
    but the whole thing is in dutch so you will have to get google to translate for you if you dont know someone who can translate

just signed up at http://www.ticketmaster.nl they have an english version of the site too and its very easy to use you can pay with visa or mastercard and they will post the tickets to Ireland ill let you know when they arrive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by irishguy
    just signed up at http://www.ticketmaster.nl they have an english version of the site too and its very easy to use you can pay with visa or mastercard and they will post the tickets to Ireland ill let you know when they arrive

Are you sure? Normally you have to collect from the box office on site in situations like this (buying tickets for a foreign event)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Any suggestions for cheap accomodation? How far is DV from the City centre?
    Any suggestions on how to spend a week over there?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by eth0_
    Are you sure? Normally you have to collect from the box office on site in situations like this (buying tickets for a foreign event)

i emailed them to find out, the other crowd i was going to buy off said the would post them to ireland no prob.
    Originally posted by conZ
    Any suggestions for cheap accomodation? How far is DV from the City centre?

its between schiphol airport [where ryanair fly in] and amsterdam [from what i hear]

as for accomodation there are loads of places to stay, i recommend somewhere in the red light district thats where all the night life is. get somewhere before you go or else you will be all day looking for a place.

Originally posted by conZ
    Any suggestions on how to spend a week over there?

if your asking that, should you be even going?? there are loads of things to do its a big city, lots of nice scenery and ahem... lots of other things :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

Went Last year, I dunno... To me at least It seems as If its now a vitim of its own sucess, in that its too large and too expensive.There were some good acts alright but a lot of **** there too, but it too damn uncomfortable.There was only one place to get free water, It was a very hot day, and all the food/ beer was at concert prices.

Transport is all aranged from amsterdam, simply hop on a train or bus in central station to a station (cant remember the name but youll find it easy) and theyll have bus's waiting to take ya the rest of the way.

Adam Rocks!, In fact Id almost reccomend you dont bother with dance valley and just catch the afters.Heard Ronnie size played a feckin blinder in the melkweg last year.There's a some good hostels in the damn, and also a pretty cool campsite.Id reccomend the stayokay hostel in the stadhoudilijke, It was cheap, really clean, and had a sweet little bar out the back.As for advice in the dam, well if your ahem er dealing with dodgy characters remember that a deal too good to be true likely is, .Also the inner city is pure tourism and thus total rip off, taking a small walk away from the center will save you alot.China town has some nice cheap grub and aint too easy to find.Also adam has some of the best bars outside of Ireland.Enjoy ;)

http://www.ticketmaster.nl
    will ship your tickets to Ireland just got mine now.

Ajnag, what clubs would you recomend in amsterdam?? didnt go to any the last time

Anyone know who is playing in Dance valley this year?? i would love if Tiesto played he is wicked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

Cant really reccomend any clubs, as Ive been to only one, The paridiso, I think.... :/ .However It was pretty decent.Youll pick up flyers no hassle over there, and from there just go for the music yer after.Tho, If ya get the chance, try find a squat party, Well... if yer in the that kinda thing ;) , They used to be the best places for punk bands and Hard Techno as well as high quality er um headache tablets.....

Sad to say I only know the squats in utrecht only and dont know any in the damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

just wondering who is the line up for it and when is it on? i would love to go. going to ibiza at the end of the summer but would love to go to this as well

• Advertisement

Ajnag,

just taught you might know some places to go i am sure we will find somthing to do afterwards it is Holland afterall :)

spanner,
    dont know who is playing be do a search for dance valley 2003 , 2002 or any other year and you will see the line up and pictures from it. If they dont make you want to go notting will.

just got my tickets in the post

Advertisement