Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Al Jazeera

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by daveirl
    hey seem to only go on about Al'Jazerra showing dead Americans.
    Yes the English speaking media is very prudish when it comes to showing bodies (or bobies) compared to most spanish/italian channels.
    Also Fox et al seem to show quite happy to show deat bodies from the other side (as long as doesn't look too upsetting) - remember the fuss over the picture of the Iraqi burned trying to get out the top of the vehicle when the were butchered leaving Kuwait - it got more reaction than 10,000's of other deaths.

Anyway Fox have stated in court that the first ammendment allows them to lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    Anyway Fox have stated in court that the first ammendment allows them to lie.

I'd love to see a link to that Capt.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Originally posted by chewy
    you anti-american you!! :)):)

i am now i guess... atleast anti american administration and media... but its hard to like the average fukwits that support their policies out of sheer ignorance too...

I used to love the US , dreamt of living there even, hell I even supported the afghan war.... I guess I was an ignorant fukwit myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Deacon Blues

Have a look at the 'About Us' link on the Aljazeera.com site, and you'll find the disclaimer below.

NOTE: Aljazeera.com is NOT affiliated to the Qatari based Satellite Channel and website English.Aljazeera.net.

You can't compare the site with the TV channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by ColonelGadaffi
    I watch it for the TRUTH

I was talking about watching Fox News for the comedy value, not Al Jazeera. As I said, the only thing that worries me about Al Jazeera is their access to footage of people like Hamas, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

"NOTE: Aljazeera.com is NOT affiliated to the Qatari based Satellite Channel and website English.Aljazeera.net.shows me paying attention "

thats shows me paying attention huh :/

they should have had better copyrigt lawyers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Deacon Blues

Yeah. Maybe they used the same company that Fox did.

(Dang ... Gotta to seal my letterbox and not answer the door for the next few weeks now ...)

Advertisement