Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phantasm

Options
  • 11-04-2004 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

*sigh* how will i pass thursday nights without it,
    What happened to it anywho?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

whats the shizzle?

i done seen fancy posters about Fear & Loathing on Wexford St in Whelans on Thursday.

i think there might have been a post about that here, but im far far too lazy to look for it.

"i want answers!" - Mayor Quimby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

huh? phantasm gone? wha?

just coz i havent been in 2 weeks doesnt mean they have to canncel it... i'll go this week! THIS WEEK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Don't worry Kurdt,
    THE DREAM IS NEVER OVER!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mAlice_2008

i dunno, just read it on the "phantasm" part of the webpage... twas mentioned last weekend too, :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭McGonagles

Originally posted by Achille
    "i want answers!" - Mayor Quimby

I want answers too!

There are Phantom people and Whelans people that I could ask,
    but I'm pretty sure they are sick of being asked about it, and a
    refusal may offend (as all the best shops used to say).

• Advertisement

Well seems to be this fear and loathing thing... but does it actually make a difference?
    Same thing different people.

well thursday night was 5 euro in and still pretty much the same... cormac battle of wilt and kerbdog fame was the dj... wasnt the greatest set ever but it wasnt the worst either!

and no marmite song!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Ah yea, saw him there beforehand on Thursday.
    Must check it out sometime.
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭bbop

what is this marmite song u speak of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

there was something about it here a few weeks ago..
    give me a second i'll try to remember..
    i think it was pete reed saying that phantasm had come to the end of it's natural life, that it was time for something new, but that if there was call for it in the future it could forseeably come back.
    i think. it's sunday mornin& my head's sore so don't blame me if i'm wrong..

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Kurdt
    well thursday night was 5 euro in and still pretty much the same... cormac battle of wilt and kerbdog fame was the dj... wasnt the greatest set ever but it wasnt the worst either!

and no marmite song!!!!

Well I wouldnt know NOT HAVING BEEN INVITED!

Good no marmite song that got real old real quick
    ( its the marmite song except the proper one - my mate marmite do do do do do do do etc..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

War - Low Rider = marmite song

it was in that film "Dazed and Confused"

Great soundtrack for cheesy 70's guitar ****

Originally posted by lamda
    Well I wouldnt know NOT HAVING BEEN INVITED!

you were SO invited! ya bum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

the last thursday i went was bad! i think that's the week we "invited" lamda.

So now we need a new thursday haunt. Suggestions???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 stranger

I was in Whelans after the Ash gig on Thursday week ago. I walked in expecting the Whelans of a thursday I remembered but no one was there. A few people sitting round the edges. No one dancing. I requested around 4 songs and was told they didn't have them. These were Whelans songs that every dj would have if going there. I was terrible disappointed with it.

On a better note, I think Fridays and Saturdays are great there. If only the playlist was varied a lil bit more it would be great!!

dunno about fridays and saturdays... sometimes they let far too many people in and you can't move...

Yeah they can over pack it at times alright but usually I am at the stage were I am on the dance floor for the night and the only difficulty is safely bringing your pint back to the floor!! The spillage per pint ratio is unfortunately quite high esp when you return you hear the dreaded lyrics..."I'm so happy cos....." And you know your pints life is over....

Where else do people go to? Thomas Reades downstairs is great for the DJ is one sound man!! Where else?

the isaac butt isnt so bad on a saturday night... good music... always room to get away from the dancefloor and have a sitdown without any spillage...

the dancefloor is a wee bit small though...

Awh yeah been to Issacs loads but stopped a while ago, it was very smoky and it was killing me but I guiess that problem is gone now. The crowd really dwindled at the end of my time going there so I kinda gave up on it but the music was good.

I'd pop into Fibbers for a tune and a game of pool now and then and anywhere with a decent Jukebox in town I like but its a tough job finding a decnet club sometimes :)

Advertisement