Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid are the real chokers

• 12-04-2004 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

All this talk about Arsenal being chokers, Arsenal merely lost two very close matches. Real on the other hand lost their cup final, threw away a 4-2 lead in Monaco and now have slipped behind Valencia after losing 3-0 at HOME to Oasuna. I think they had a 7 point lead at one stage. Now thats choking!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by vorbis
    All this talk about Arsenal being chokers, Arsenal merely lost two very close matches. Real on the other hand lost their cup final, threw away a 4-2 lead in Monaco and now have slipped behind Valencia after losing 3-0 at HOME to Oasuna. I think they had a 7 point lead at one stage. Now thats choking!

Yea they certainly do seem to be in free fall, I would have expected them to bounce back tonight.

Did anyone see the game?, if so how did Beckham play?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Didn't see the game, just the opening ten mins. The fact of the matter is that Real defence is ****. Posh was there and that was the big build up basically :rolleyes: :dunno:

Its the first time since 1990 that Osasuna have won at the Bernabeu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Saw bits of the game. 2nd goal was an awful mistake from Casillas, punched it straight to an Osasuna lad who just knocked ot over him into the goals. For every long throw Osasuna put into the Real penalty area Casillas had to come out to try and claim the ball. He had no confidence in his defense clearing the ball from danger. So ye can't really blame him for their shambollicnisity.*

*it's a perfectly cromulent word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

If Real Madrid went out and bought to decent centre backs they dont have to be the Maldinis of this world just decent defenders..even Gary Neville would be grand..Just someone who can actually defend they would be the best team in the world.

Could you imagine the Real Madrid team with, Stam, Campbell, Ferdinand, Balde, Woodgate, Maldini, Terry..ne combination of them defenders and Real Madrid really would be feared, because they would have a complete solid squad. Plus they are all big guys, put in Beckhams delivery and well we all know the end result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭TheC0CK

Originally posted by markomac316
    If Real Madrid went out and bought to decent centre backs they dont have to be the Maldinis of this world just decent defenders..even Gary Neville would be grand..Just someone who can actually defend they would be the best team in the world.

Could you imagine the Real Madrid team with, Stam, Campbell, Ferdinand, Balde, Woodgate, Maldini, Terry..ne combination of them defenders and Real Madrid really would be feared, because they would have a complete solid squad. Plus they are all big guys, put in Beckhams delivery and well we all know the end result.

True.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Well u only named one full back there .
    So i would have Thuram and Chivu , both ceb=ntre backs and full backs .

Plus salgado is a decent defender .

Raul Bravo :D Pavon :D helguera ( a midfielder ) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Raul :D Pavon :D helguera ( a midfielder ) :D

???? I thought Raul was a striker ???:confused:;)

Tinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by tinky
    ???? I thought Raul was a striker ???:confused:;)

Tinky

I think you might have misquoted him;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Watched the game and RM where a complete shambles, they created few chances and always looked dodgey in defence.

They where 8 points ahead at the end of Feb and are now 2 points behind with the Madris Derby and Barca their next two games.

The loss of Makalele was also a bad step for them as he sheilded their crap defence from a lot of problems.

Their centre halfs are useless and both Salgado and Roberto Carlos are better going frorward then defending.

Carlos Quiroz is already packing his bags:eek:

Advertisement