Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry Error

Options
  • 12-04-2004 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

every so often game crashes with the attached error, sysyem is
    P4, 1gb ram. gf4 ti4800 audigy 2 sound card have all the latest drivers etc etc, does not happen all the time but is annoying the f*** out of me, sent a request to ubisoft but heard nothing
    Error message is "Cryengine error Critical error: entity classname soundspot classid=179 id=1 already existing in the map"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/farcry/
    Get the latest patch,might help,its like 27 MB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭mobby

yeah have that as well did not fix the problem!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

do you have the latest Nvidia drivers ... I had a lot of problems with the Far Cry demo till I upgraded my drivers and all the errors disappeared

yes have the Very latest Nvidia Drivers 56.72

screenshot of the error i am getting anyone got an idea what the problem might be
    as it spoiling the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

did u try reinstalling it and saving ur saved games?.....i have no problems so far running this game have a 9700pro and havent got latest drivers,maybe thats it go back to old drivers to see if it stop?..but try to reinstall game first and see.....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Does it keep happening just as you're walking through the same spot?

Does it keep happening just as you're walking through the same spot?
    No Feylya, Happens at various locations not dependent on there being lots of sounds or video activity no pattern as far as I can tell, haven’t made any system changes except for NVIDIA driver update but it was happening before this, however now that I think of it cant remember it happening in the first couple of levels ,I will try a reinstall as suggested see if it sorts things out.

Advertisement