Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Respect to Arsenal!!

• 12-04-2004 2:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

I honestly thought arsenal would collapse this weekend. People who have been around these boards long enough will know I'm a United Suporter and the reason I start this thread to hope its not another united arsenal bitching thread and that includes the abu's because they are worse than anyoneone..F*ck europe(that comes in time) , the achievment arsenal have completed going unbeaten for so long deserves congagulations. They have played the best the premership has to offer and remained unbeaten. I enjoy watching arsenal. While the league is not over 100% yet, it would be a travestly they did not win it. Congrats

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

You are one o the best posters on the forum talla, so its no surprise to see a thread like this.

Looking at the run in they have, itis unlikely that Arsenal will falter now, Tottenham is the trickiest game they have left with Leeds maybe second, depending on which leeds team turns up.

If they manage those games I'd reckon they can do the unbeaten league win.

It a monumental achievement right up their with anything else a team can do (and I'll include back to back European Cup wins ;) ) in its lifetime. The fact thatthey made at least he QF of three competitions with a relatively small squad shows what athletes they are.

Andy Gray made a pint today that when Henry isn't doing magical stuff people are disappointed with his performance, I think its true of much of teh team if not the team itself. Just goes to show how highly they are regarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

If they do finish the season unbeaten I wonder how much pressure will be on them to do it again next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Great to see some informed posts! If the goons go through a season unbeaten it will be something special, particularly as they went so far in other comps. European success will follow soon, however I bet united will return t odemand their title back next year (unless liverpool get o'neill in the summer ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Originally posted by Jivin Turkey
    Great to see some informed posts! If the goons go through a season unbeaten it will be something special, particularly as they went so far in other comps. European success will follow soon, however I bet united will return t odemand their title back next year (unless liverpool get o'neill in the summer ;) )

O'Neill is good but hes not that good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Makaveli
    If they do finish the season unbeaten I wonder how much pressure will be on them to do it again next season.

None. Going a season unbeaten is a once-in-a-lifetime achievement, as far as I can recall only Milan have also done it, in the 91-92 season. There have been about three games where Arsenal got draws in which they could have lost, they had the luck that you need a bit of to win the title.

Considering the alltime record for consecutive unbeaten league games is 42, asking them to stretch it to 76 might be a bit much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Speaking as a lifelong Man U fan, it really irritates me to see so many so called Man U Fans who have taken on the whole siege mentality and refuse to give credit where it's due.

We went through a very very lean spell and in the last 10 years have managed to reinvent the club and the passion, but during those 10 years we've had to listen to people constantly criticising us for being arrogant, full of ourselves, suffering from memory loss of what went before etc... as well as that we had a lot of people who were up for anybody once they were playing UTd. All of which I found to be very sad and childish.

Now we have UTD Fans (allegedly) who are doing the same thing with Arsenal, granted I wanted them to lose against UTD in the cup and I was happy when Chelsea beat them in the champions league, but that was more for Raineiri than anything else. As far as I'm concerned Arsenal deserve real credit for the way they have played over the last 5 years, and specifically last season and this one. They have been phonemanal and great to watch, and deserve all the success they get.

I don't think they'll be under pressure to go unbeaten next season, but then I don't beleive they will go unbeaten this season. I'm not detracting from them in any way, I just believe that they will have one bad day and that the team they're playing that day will have a very good day. In a way I hope I'm wrong because they deserve to finish the league unbeaten...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well to the Gunners so far, but maybe we're speaking a bit too soon (they could blow it still).

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

They could, but even so, its still a magnificent achievement to do what they have done already. Interestingly enough, we need 13 points to guarantee that we win the league, which would leave us with 91 - joint-holding the record for most Premiership points with Man Utd. Credit to Man Utd and Chelsea for pushing us so hard this season that we might need a record number of points just to win the thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by mr_angry
    They could, but even so, its still a magnificent achievement to do what they have done already. Interestingly enough, we need 13 points to guarantee that we win the league, which would leave us with 91 - joint-holding the record for most Premiership points with Man Utd. Credit to Man Utd and Chelsea for pushing us so hard this season that we might need a record number of points just to win the thing!

Only If Chelsea win all their games. Which is unlikely.

Come on Villa

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

I was watching the Newcastle Arsenal game and I had to laugh at the Arsenal fanzone guy cause he laughed off Leeds, but werent they the last team to beat Arsenal in the league which I was extremly annoyed at as Arsenal are turning into the new man utd {with the way people reguard them}. If they remain unbeaten Ill give credit to Arsene Wenger but the real challenge is Europe and as people have seen from my previous Arsene Wenger thread until he and Arsenal do that Ill have to agree with all the pundits that they are just a good side.

And for the guy who said M.O.N is good but not that good, just look where he took Celtic the guy is a legend, and he's going nowhere since Alan Thompson and Chris Sutton signed new deals :D .

But credit if they do it :).

• Advertisement
Advertisement