Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New grades of users and higher threshold.

• 31-03-2001 1:29pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello all.

I was bored and someone suggested resetting the different types of users. So here are the new levels and the reasons for them.
    I've given them something of a Gothic/Celtic feel smile.gif

GOD: Everyone tells me I have a God complex, so... administrators have been labelled God.

Archangel: These are the board moderators. They are chosen by Gods smile.gif

Druid: The faithful on Earth! I've changed the threshold for becoming a druid. Its now 100 posts instead of 30.

Sinner: The lowest form of life! New users will be labelled sinners until they purge themselves (with at least 100 posts smile.gif )

If you can think of other "hierarchies" post them here and I'll periodically alter the settings for a laugh (I'm easily amused!)

DeVore.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Oh yes, just so that I dont get hate mail (though why ANYONE cares I dunno) I have left those people who were already promoted to the second level at the second level even if their post count now no longer qualifies them.

If you were on 29 posts dont EVEN think about complaining to me. smile.gif

DeVore.

[This message has been edited by DeVore (edited 31-03-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

GOD........ pfffffff

your not so hard

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll bleedin' smote you mate if you dont watch yerself. Roight!

DeVore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I think there should be like a 500 and a 1000 post level aswell.. Just for da extra RESPEC!

.logic.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeVore:

UBB seems to only allow 4 levels...
    I'd prefer more myself and I think I'll amuse myself by playing with them today smile.gif
    DeV.
    DeVore.
    </font>

I think that answers your question logic smile.gif

• Advertisement

Ah didn't see that. Don't know about UBB but YABB and some others allow alot more. STrange UBB doesn't.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Archangel, I like it, they were my favourite creature class in the Heroes of Might and Magic games smile.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

yes its strange logic smile.gif
    but this is boards.ie biggrin.gif

Yeah whatever your into Oj.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Kaidos

hmm, the new titles dont quite suit the avatars somehow

kaids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

FGS its so easy to install a hack to give you unlimited user levels and ranks but cloud ignores me and so does every other admin.

Whitelancer, noone is ignoring you, you have the whole of Boards to express yourself smile.gif

We havent installed FGS or any other kinda hacks because when we upgrade the version of the UBB that boards runs on we have to reinstall these hacks and some of them take time to install etc.

Frankly I dont think we really want to encourage people to post árse to get their posts to 500 and 1000 to gain some kind of recognition! We'd have everyone in Trolls posting **** to get their hit count up...

The current boards support 4 levels as outlined above. I'll live with it...

Jaysus, someone makes a comment on a board somewhere and I'm supposed to respond or I'm ignoring them?? ? ? eh?

Theres about 600 posts a day on these boards now...

DeVore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Is there no way of removing the 'Post new topic' option from the Wasters/Trolls board??

Devore this is the fourth or so time ive posted about it, not the first smile.gif and FGS=for gods sake smile.gif It took me one minute or so to install stars hack 2000 into ubb5.47c

Oh and trolls = useless/ change it into a flame forum but not trolls.

Ok.

Two things:

1. Thinking about it I'm not at all sure that I want to start to reward people with new "titles" for the number of posts they have.

However:
    RE: Trolls etc:
    My first reaction is that since you cant see it and it doesnt get in your way... why are any of you concerned with the Trolls board? (more then one person has suggested disallowing posts to me today.)

We've filtered the trolls posts out of the last ten posts on the front page even so you really never have to see them...

I'm sure people (at least very very few people) sit there posting simply to get their count up. Maybe you and I dont see any intellectual benefit in their posts but THEY seem to be having fun.

If you want mental stimulation, go to the Humanities board, if you want to **** around and post ****e, go to the Trolls board.

If you are concerned that someone is going to catch up on your post count... I think you need to lay off the boards for a while smile.gif

There have been about 20 posts to trolls today. Compare that with 20 posts to CS *every hour*.

Makes you think neh?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

How about: Profit, Saviour, Teacher, Wiseman, Chieftain, Overlord, Squire or Leader???

ThunderingMike Thus conscience does make cowards of us all, And thus the native hue of resolution is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought, And enterprises of great pitch and moment, With this regard their current turns away, And lose the name of action... Nows that's a sig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

should throw a few demons in there...ppl with bad reps n what not! smile.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

how about...

Jerry Springer - Admin's
    Oprah - Moderators
    Ricky Lake - people with over 100 posts
    Montel - new people

or something similar.
    or not.

-ciaran
    This post has been brought to you by the letter C, and the number 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Originally posted by DeVore:
    if you want to **** around and post ****e, go to the Trolls board. </font>

I've had days when i've said **** it, i'm going to post a load of **** on the trolls board. most of the time i stay away from it though.

-ciaran
    This post has been brought to you by the letter C, and the number 7.

• Advertisement

Dev, i got my post count up 150 on that keep this thread at the top post, and i dont care about how many posts i have, the reason i post on trolls, is just to take the **** and talk **** and stuff. Its fun for a while but it gets boring, note the no-one posting at trolls anymore smile.gif. I did see a trend to moving all posts that turned into degenerate spam and flame fests there, which is why i suggested changing the name smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">There have been about 20 posts to trolls today. Compare that with 20 posts to CS *every hour*.</font>

The Trolls board is only for apprentice trolls. The REAL trolls come and take up residence under the Counter-Strike bridge smile.gif

Advertisement