Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeffers in Limbo

• 12-04-2004 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

It seems Jeffers will be training with the Everton youth team after a bust up with Moyes over not being played against Spurs.

Everton have confirmed Jeffers won't be playing for them again and Wenger says Jeffers is not to come back to Highbury until July 1st.

It's hard to see what future he has now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Never rated him anyway, and he has got some attitude for a **** player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

especially with Reyes taking his number..Another wasted 10million by Arsenal, and they say they have no money.

Good lad, thats just what the tone of this thread needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by Jivin Turkey
    Good lad, thats just what the tone of this thread needs.

What do you expect

They all go this way..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

as an evertonian i have to say selling jeffers for 10 big ones was the best bit of business we ever did.... and we got richard wright for 4 or 5 mil out of that transfer money as well....

since he has been back on loan he's scored a few, but in fairness he hasn't been given the chance by moyes, having only started a few games, the rest as sub appearances... i can understand his frustration but i'll be glad when he goes again... the 3 or 4 million that they would have spent on him can now go towards buying a better quality player than jeffers..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Jeffers is crap, and also seems to have some sort of belief in his own brilliance which is entirely not backed up by his actual performances. Plus as he's also very ugly it's nice not to have him gracing the tv screen :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I used to be in favour of giving Jeffers another chance at Arsenal but now due to Reyes's arrival and Jeffers's less than stellar season at Everton i've changed my mind. A costly mistake by Wenger (although the £10m fee seems disputable, every source I read states a different value, ranging from £5m + appearance fees to £10m at the upper limit), I only hope Wenger can offload him in the summer to someone, anyone. His wage demands are something Arsenal can do without.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

As far as I know Jeffers has cost about £7m-£8m at this stage but I could rise by another million or two in the unlikely event he gets a few games for Arsenal. I never seen him as a particularily good player he's slow for his size and position and isn't big enough to make up for his lack of skill, all he has is pretty undeserved reputation as an exceptional finisher.

He's like John Aldridge without the goalscoring record. I'd say Arsenal will be lucky to unload him for one or two million, probably to some poor sucker of a promoted club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Another wasted 10million by Arsenal, and they say they have no money.

another!?
    show me a manager who hasnt bought a bad player!?

yea he didnt turn out to be the fox in the box he was ment to be had good potential but has some atitude problem, sell him off to sunderland for 2 million and id be happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭TheC0CK

yup another. Wiltord is another waste.

But every manager has to take risks and cant get it right all the time.

• Advertisement

Wiltord hasn't been a waste, he's scored 49 goals (some very important too), many from midfield. If he departs in the summer it will be a dissappointing return but he may yet stay, he's stated his desire to do so and has proved to be a useful squad player for Arsenal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

wiltord is a good player but has been outshone by henry

not a bad buy just hasnt been good of late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭TheC0CK

Ok not as a big a waste as Forlan is/has been. But still a waste. I stand by what i said.

Forlan is a load of ****. He plays brilliant for Uruguay though. The goals he scored against Brazil earlier in the year were great.

Wiltord was not a waste, he has been a very important player for Arsenal, they did pay a hefty fee but it was at the height of the transfer boom. The only problem is that because he hasnt signed a new contract he could leave for free, but that could happen any player.

Plus where did this "Fox in the Box" thing come from, did Gerard Houllier pen that one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Jeffers is a cheating waste of space. I doubt Arsenal will be able to shift hime becaues of his wages unless they agree to subsidise his move. I think they'll be stuck with him jusk like they were with kanu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hopefully they can unload the diving piece of crap to another team. One of Arsenes mistakes (he allowed quite a few more thanks to the gems he has found :p).

Gandalf.

Back training with the Everton team after a kiss and make-up session with Moyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I dont give a toss about Jeffers but its nice to post! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

tenner bets moyes will offload him at the end of the season anyway. He really does seem to be quite an unlikeable character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

He's a loan signing the only way he wont be off loaded is if he's signed

• Advertisement
Advertisement