Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Houllier has to go FULL STOP

• 12-04-2004 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Houllier has to go FULL STOP

Pool - 0
    Charlton - 1....

This free fall has to be stopped...and nevermind about pools history of not sacking managers.....Sack him now and bring in O'neill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭TheC0CK

bring in O'neill

Never.

I want him to be Sir Alex's successor. Big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Tenth league defeat of the season !!! Absolutely disgraceful. Last season was a pure joke, we finished with 64 points (16 pts less than the previous season). We'll be doing very well to scrape 60 pts this season. David Moores needs a good kick in the testicles to get him to wake up, cop the fúck on, and get rid of that fat French roadsweeper disguised as a professional football manager. :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

The main thing is the boys showed great charecter.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

what makes liverpool fans think o'neill would even WANT to go to manage them

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

is that a trick question?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

we always see liverpool fans saying "get rid of houllier get o'neill in" without stopping to ask themselves why o'neill would even consider going to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not to mention do all Liverpool fans want O' Neill in?

Mike.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

They are Britain's most successful team of all time, they have ambition, plenty of money, passionate fans, and a good squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

The main thing is the boys showed great charecter
    ...we had the chances to win the game but on the day we didn't take them...

:o:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

im a bit sick of the whole liverpool/houllier thing at this stage. liverpool wont sack him and we just have to accept that. until houllier dies, he'll be liverpool manager as far as i can see.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

until houllier dies, he'll be liverpool manager as far as i can see.

well it is you seeing it so thats not a surprise ;)

i think he will go during the summer, but if he gets the champs league spot it will make it harder for liverpoolto sack him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Devilman

He has to go.... I've already stopped watching the 'pool beacause of the mess hes created. And before anyone says fairweather fan...I've been a red since 87 and this current side is the worst I have seen .( with a few notable exceptions stand up Stevie G ).... including the Souness years.

If Houllier is manager next season ( as has been rumoured )....thats me finished as a diehard fan. I'll merely take a passing interest in the club I've loved for 17 years :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

plus his initial '5 year plan' is up and he's got a mid-table squad to show for it. o'neill going to liverpool is a step backwards at this stage. celtic are a much bigger and better club than liverpool with far less expectancy and pressure.

their making hard work of 4th spot despite teams around them dropping the odd points here and there. they'll be lucky to get into europe, never mind the champions league. villa, n'castle, charlton, fulham, birmingham are all within 3 points of pool plus some have games in hand.

29points of arsenal plus theyve played an extra game! god, it sounds bad that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Originally posted by smemon
    celtic are a much bigger and better club than liverpool with far less expectancy and pressure.

O'Neill has achieved everything he possibly can at Celtic. They will never be able to win the CL while they remain in the SPL as they will not be able to attract good enough players. To say they are a bigger club is very debatable given liverpools history and not to forget their success only as far back as 2001. With O'Neill Liverpool would have the potential of european champions.

Also surely all good managers want pressure or expectancy on them otherwise they would just retire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Word is that his contract will be renewed in the summer. What the attraction is I don't know, but if he were anywhere else he would be sacked.

Of course O neill would be interested in the Job , Liverpool "The Club" is a great Club and has the potential to fulfill any managers ambitions. Weather he is the man for the job is open to debate, personally I rate him very highly and would like to see him take over at united when fergie goes, so I hope they keep GH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

lads this is getting very boring.......

you're 4th in the league.....

no matter who takes over that's where your going to be

4th

get over it.

Liverpool finished second as little as 3 years ago, if Houllier could achieve that Im sure O'Neill could go one better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Originally posted by Jivin Turkey
    Liverpool finished second as little as 3 years ago, if Houllier could achieve that Im sure O'Neill could go one better.

:o:o:o:o:o

Originally posted by Emboss
    :o:o:o:o:o

Ok you really discredited my point, you win, I wont post on this topic anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Liverpool have a mediorce squad with very few world class players.

Gerrard and Owen are the only players the top three would be interested in and Owen will prob leave in the summer.

Money will prob be tight for the next few years as Liverpool start to build a new staduim so I wouldn't be looking for much improvement any time soon no matter who is managing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Didnt O'Neill say he would have only left leicester for two british clubs, being united and celtic?? I remember something like that... I think liverpool do have other players the top 3 would like, apart from owen & stevie g theres kewell, hypia think cheyrou will develop, looks a good talent along with kirkland if he could get a long run in the team....

Hope GH stays cos liverpool wont get any better if he does :)

john

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Poor old Kirkland is the unluckiest person around everytime he gets back into the team he breaks another body part.

Advertisement