Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online trading sites.

Options
  • 12-04-2004 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hay there,
    I have few quid to spare and im going to invest it. Im looking at the different online brokers and having difficulty choosing one. A buddy of mine uses Interactive brokers and as things stand im probably going to go with them, but does anybody have anyother recomendations. Any info would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Micro1

Yea, I had a look at goodbodys but they charge €32 commission per trade which is just crazy. IB and etrade charge about €10 per trade. The only advantage is they give you access to a nice range of markets, but at thaat price ill have to look somewere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭Pataman

try sharewatch.com, cant remember the cost but I use them, and i am a tight arse.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

Hi all,

I am also looking for a good online broker.

I am currently using GoodBody, but they're way too expensive, and you need to trade at least 127 Euros.

Pataman, is sharewatch any good userfriendly wise.

It looks cheap enough, but the website looks a bit messy.

Anybody else has good advice ?

There's a list of brokers here but it s your experience I want :)
    http://www.londonstockexchange.com/shareaware/internet.asp

Cheers,
    JB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭Pataman

did you try the demo, the main site is the same, easy to use

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

www.interactivebrokers.com are meant to have extreemly competitive fees,
    You can register from Ireland

Oh, anyone here with Elan shares, esp those who bought in after the Accounting Scandal, will be glad to hear a rumour that share prices are expexted to rise to 40 PS.

Advertisement