Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sacred

Options
  • 12-04-2004 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

Girlfriend bought the game some days ago and damn, this game sucks arse.
    single player is bugged and MP is certainly even more bugged, if you visit the webpage you'll notice the people are complaining about the bugs,glitches,cheats,network slowdown and crashes.

You also notice that the developers excuse themselves by saying they have not so much money , theyre a small company, lack of time and so on , but damn it's still 44 euro for us folks.

If it wasn't for the bugs the game would be cool, no doubt about it, but at pressent state i expect 4 to 5 more patches before it becomes playable.

buy in budget, when it's patches to the bone !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

How do you know it'll be patched? The company said it wasn't able to work out the bugs pre production because "they have not so much money" - if they're still strapped, no patches will be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I started a thread about this a couple of weeks back, no replies...

Was playing the demo, and I thought it was quite fantastic myself, good old hack'n'slash Diablo style. But I didn't find the demo at all buggy, seemed to be quite smooth apart from the odd graphical glitches. I assume the bugs show up later in the game then?

Pity, because I was really looking farward to getting the full game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Kambika

Well the game is brilliant I have to say ! Since Diablo I was waiting for a game like that and there it finally is.... but absolutely not playable in Multiplayer.
    SP works fine but we tried playing over network this weekend and its just no fun. Whole quests dont work, some items arent even named properly, game crash etc etc. They brought out already one patch which we couldnt try out yet, its supposed to fix some of the problems in MP.
    So if you just wanna play in single mode its definetly a great game !

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I was thinking there was a reason why people wrote and read reviews.

Even the reviewer who gives it 95% gives detailed reasons why he’s doing so…
    http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/sacred/

My copy arrived today, and I was playing it a bit earlier. Absolutely great, and definetly harder than the demo. I did find the odd glitch unfortunatly, but for the most part it was consistent and without failing. From the sounds of it, I'll want to be avoiding the Multiplayer though, but I rarely play anything in MP these days.

Funny thing I found, the guy who does the voice of The Gladiator is the same guy who does Joe Swanson from Family Guy!

• Advertisement

Just thought I'd give this thread a little bump, to say that crikey! Sacred is one addictive game altogether! I've been playing nothing else since, and while it's certainly far from the most sophisticated game ever created, it's downright FUN!

I'll be looking farward to playing the game through again as some of the other character classes again.

Advertisement