Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International management

Options
  • 12-04-2004 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

im in about my third season with man utd and im winning everything, my stats are really good and my nationality is set to irish but i cant get an international job for love nor money...i apply for everything after the managerial clearouts following the big championships but never get appointed.any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I don't have much experience with international jobs in CM4 but i'd suggest you need to take up a more difficult club management job. Winning with a team like Man Utd's resources isn't the most difficult thing in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

who are you appling to the big countrys Italy, Spain, Brazil rarely apont a non nationional, try second tier teams porugal, sweeden etc. Ive had no problem in getting international jobs and in the past have managed ireland, Spain and Czech Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

i apply to everyone,turkey for example and never get a look in.doesnt look like ill ever get the irish job either,brian kerr is seriously good in my game.ireland reached world cup semis.lost to czech republic on pens.

ok, just got the croatian job and beat finland 3-1 away in my first game at the helm.ironically after all the applications i made, i was asked to take the job.strange

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah I find you usally get offered jobs.
    I haven't bothered with international management in 03/04 or in CM4. It's too much hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'm manager of Sweden after winning everything with Dundalk in CM01/02. Try the second rate European teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

Word of Advice. Don't ever accept a job managing an African team! (especially if your Ron Atkinson)

I got offered the Cameroon job. It's a real pain. The matches are all over the place, and unless you have it on large database it's really hard to get a full (and fit) squad. Not only that, but you have to win most of your matches by at least 3 goals or else it's a 'failure'.

That last bit really annoyed me. I was winning all my matches (granted not by all that much) and my FA confidence was still 'slighty disappointed'. I guess it is realistic, but I'd helped Cameroon up to 6th in the FIFA rankings and won the African Nations Cup and qualified with ease for the World Cup. I deserve a little bit more credit!!

The only time it's really worth being an international manager is at the World Cup, and that's only every 4 years unfortunately.

i have to say i dont see an int'l job as hassle at all.i think it makes a good break from league domination.im yet to play in a major tournament tho,looking to get my first international silverware...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

I actually quite enjoy international management . I quit my club job to take over at International level which i ll keep for about two or three years hopefully and then let players retire and regenerate and then enjoy trying to find them all again when i decide to manage another club. Well thats the plan anyways. Slovakia , Senegal , Brazil and My Aussie Team in the World Cup - get knocked out in first round and i reckon i ll be unemployed for the summer

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Just been offered the England job, of all things. After a bit of thought I decided to take it (mainly because I was a bit worried that if I took it I'd have to quit my club job, which would have been a pain having just done the double with Fiorentina). Now the big dilemma is whether I really want to do well as manager of England or whether the temptation to throw matches becomes to hard to resist. :D

• Advertisement

i just came 3rd in the 2006 world cup managing croatia.beat holland 4-0 2nd round and aargentina 1-0 in q/f. then went and threw it all away with a 1-0 defeat to uruguay in the semis.ah well, still happy with that tho

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

You have been offered the job of manager by France
    at long last, my time has come.

Advertisement