Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some sensible Dubliner's advice

Options
  • 12-04-2004 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Well, here is the situation... I live in Spain right now, but I am moving to Ireland in six months, and for the next two years. I need to start planning, and have been browsing for accomodation, but I have absolutely no idea which are the best areas to focus on. I have often been in Dublin before, but always as a sheltered student in a nice Irish family's house. This time I will be on my own, and I am not sure whether to look for an apartment just for myself, or try and share with other people. I have done both, and perhaps this time I would like to try the independent way, college days are long gone :dunno: .... I also would need a place in or around the city centre, or at least well connected by bus. Can anyone recommend a safe, quiet, (and ìf possible, inexpensive :p ) Dublin area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

drimnagh/crumlin is safe,quiet, close to city centre, and cheap-ish. You would get a room in a shared house for 300 odd pm without too much hassle. artane/raheny, navan road, cabra, parts of glasnevin also options. There is not much going on in these areas so you'll probably end up getting bus into town if you want to go out but they are 15 mins at night by bus to the city. close enough to cycle to work also.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Not a Dubliner :D but .....

Renting by yourself is quite expensive (€800 for 1) - it is best to share with someone (€1,000 for 2). Rathmines and Ranelagh have plenty of rental accommodation, are safe, have good facilities and good access.

Look at www.daft.ie and www.loadza.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭martarg

I have saved those sites and made a list with all those areas, that will help me a lot. I had checked the daft.ie site and had noticed about the prices :rolleyes: , if I cannot find anything reasonable, I suppose I will have to find someone to share... ah, well, company is nice... :) Thanks again....

Advertisement