Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open Weekend

• 12-04-2004 7:06pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A mate had a €75 voucher for the festival so I decided to toddle along last night for the €150 rebuy tourney. I stupidly thought it was a freezout only to discover when I got there it wasn't. Now I don't like to spend €150 on rebuys but I knew it would help if I had €150 in my pocket just in case but of course I didn't. So after folding pocket Queens to a re-raise on my raise I went down and bought €150 chips with my credit card. No sooner had I got back and I was limping in with KhJh.
    Flop comes Ah blank 10h. So I'm looking good. Some guy makes a big bet and I go all-in (something I might not have done with no backup for a rebuy). A 9h on the river saves me and I'm good to go.
    Then 3 hours into the tourney the dreaded move to another table. Upstairs to a table with some guy on a massive stack. His name was Willie Tann. Easily chip leader. And so to my mistake. I get AQ suited and cold call. As does this Willie guy. Flop comes A65 or something. I bet 1000. Willie calls me. Turn brings a 6 and he checks to me. I don't like that 6 but I go all-in anyway and sure enough he has the set. Bye bye me. Like most of ye I don't mind going out if I don't make a mistake but that was a big mistake (I think I should have raised pre-flop) and it's been preying on my mind but such is life. Willie went on to win the event and Joe O'Neill was 9th so he can do well :)
    By the way I outlasted Roy "the boy" Brindley at least. I also saw Mad Marty and Big Cass who had made it to the final table of the main event. Full results below:-

http://www.pokerineurope.com/majortournaments/schedule.php?tournamentid=2004011

Advertisement