Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skating in midlands...need a park

Options
  • 12-04-2004 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

An Irish town that needs a skate park? Who'd of thought it...

Anyways...Im looking for some information from people who have got their council to build a park.

We've already been in the Westmeath Independent twice so the council know there's a need.

Once was for skating at a church there in a "hostile" and "intimidating" manner....me hole, no one skates there now anyway after that.

And we (well...other skaters that are very young, a bit too young to ask about a park in my opinion....) were in it again a few weeks back (with a PICTURE!) and there was even a bit on the front page saying 'Skate boarders want their own play ground'.

But the problem is the lads that were in it (they are awfully young) kept mentioning the Galway park, but everyone else (me included) think the galway park is awful, which it is.

I've written to the council asking for a park, and even asking a meeting be arranged, and still no answer. It's starting to piss me off....

They dont answer letters....what do I need to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Community>Activism>Irish Skateparks :)

Moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Athloneskate

Fair enough, sorry about that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

aint much more u can do; petitions, demos all the time

try going in to meet the guys your writing to in person, its much harder for them to ignore you.

limerick aint never gonna get a park, ffs

keep up the fight!

Advertisement