Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota MR2 Turbo/NA for breaking????

Options
  • 12-04-2004 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

As above, I need a Knock sensor off 1 of these cars. Preferably off a Turbo model as I don't know if the NA model has this sensor. I kind of need this ASAP so if anybody knows where there is an MR2 been broken for Spares please please reply to this thread!

Thanks
    Pete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

if you are havin a lot of trouble i could pick one up for you as im over in new zealand and these cars are in abundance here let me know ill be back in dublin around the 5th of may
    Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Hi Pete,

Cheers for the offer but I need this sensor before the 24th of april as i have to take the car over to the UK to pick up parts. Anybody else??

Thanks again
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

No problem i would post it but it would probably be cuttin it close to get it there in under 2 weeks
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Have you rang around all the scrapyards in the golden pages? www.goldenpages.ie
    Also, you should check if the sensor from a celica turbo ( i.e. a gt4 ) would work, as that would increase your chances. Or just use fedex high priority delivery from new zealand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Hi Pete,

Afraid I can't help you but if you do find a MR2 been broken for spares, or better still, a Turbo with a blown engine, can you let me know?

I've a 94 Turbo with front end damage sitting in my garage waiting to be put back on the road.

Patrick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

Cheers lads you've been really helpful. Gerry, good thinking about the Celica GT4, normally if I HAVE to buy parts in this wonderful country I normally get parts for the ST185 GT4 so I don't get lashed out of it for having a *Duh duh duhhhh* Japanese Import!

I may just buy an upgraded 1 from a contact in the UK, its off a Chevy camaro V8 and is a lot more robust than the sh1tty toyota 1. 60 pounds though!

Ah well c'est la vie.

Thanks again guys
    Pete

PS @BlueDrax you've got a PM :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Aidanm

Try traynors in Armagh.
    Biggest breaker in Ireland and specalise in Performance cars.

www.traynors.co.uk

Advertisement