Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kits and suspension mods for a TT available in Ireland??

Options
  • 13-04-2004 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend somewhere that fits&paints and/or supplies Bodykits and suspension components etc to VAG cars?

I'm trading in my A3 and hoping to get my hands on a 2002 TT coupe. While I was never inclined to do anything to my old Polo (never saw the point, its a polo FFS) or A3, I came across some TT's with kits on over at the UKTT forums. While I think the car looks great in standard trim, holy jebus it looks the dogs with what turns out to be an audi(votex) oem kit and 18in RS4's(standard in UK since '02, not in this god foresaken Isle though).

DSC009461-vi.jpg

DSC009431-vi.jpg

Post TT purchase I'm looking at getting the audi bodykit, 18in RSTT(RS4's), 2x16mm&2x10mm spacers& set of longer wheelnuts, eibach 25mm lowering springs and tiebars, evo trilock wheelnuts, TT armrest and TT aluminium gearknob. The last three are the easy bits that I can defo order on the net from the UK and fit myself. The rest present a dilemma. I can order the lot from the net tbh and if thats what works out cheaper than thats what I'll do and then I just have to find somewhere that'll fit the stuff over here, but if anywhere over here can supply the stuff(at the same price as ordering on the net) and fit it then that would be even better.

Any recommendations lads??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Very nice indeed - the great thing about the TT is that when you do put on a kit, it doesnt look OTT (like a done up Saxo).

Check out http://www.antan.ie/ They have a few options online for body styling, but if your better off going in and talking to the lads they'll be able to source what your looking for (they have lots of catalogues so you can see a range of different styles) and I'm sure they have a few places they can recommend that will paint and fit for you.

If your having problems getting it fitted send me a PM and I'll give you the number for a place where I got my kit done.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Changed my mind!!

I went to the dealers the other day and got my first proper look at a TT close up and was able to sit inside it. Still a fabulous car but it just didn't grab me like the pictures on the net did or like I thought it would. I knew it was small and its not like I needed a practical car but after sitting inside it I almost felt claustraphobic. Visability is terrible. The windscreen was like looking through a 32in widescreen telly. Its like I knew what to expect re visability and practicallity and yet I didn't...if that makes sense.

What did grab me was a beautiful black new model A3 on 17in parabola alloys. I had considered trading my 98 A3 for a new one but decided I should push the boat out on a proper sports car before I get tied down with kids. Funny the way things turned out. Even with no kids and no need for practicallity I went for the A3 after all. :D

So I just ordered a:

2.0TDI(140bhp) A3 Ambition(sport) A Diesel!!! Word is its the best engine in the range and OMG the Torque!! :D:D
    Sunroof
    17in Parabola Alloys
    Armrest
    2-tone Black/Graphite Leather
    Xenon Headlights
    Brilliant Black (non metallic €0!, coolest colour, but mirror like finish shows dirt easy-not an issue for me though, I always cleaned my old A3 every week and am no stranger to polish and wax!) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Congrats! Never was a fan of the TT myself tbh... post some pics for us when you get the car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

You could have gone and bought yourself a second hand S3 for the money you will pay for a mk2 A3 TDI!! But any way thats besides the point. If your looking for kits etc for any of the VAG range take a look at http://www.roadandsport.co.uk/ I know a guy who does all the kits and does a top job on them.

Very nice - Thats exactly what I was/am planning on ordering, apart from the Xenon lights, I have the 130bhp tdi golf version and its a F***in flyer.

Let us know when you get it...I'm holding off till Jan 05.

• Advertisement

Yeah no probs. i'll post pics when I get it which should be first week in June. 7 weeks! Jaysus, it took 6 months to build my current A3 back in '98!

I'm not getting the xenons after all. The dealer said hes pushing to get the car in for build week 21(its currently showing as week 22 on their computer). Price increse from week 22! He said if I add xenons to my order it will definately knock me back a few spaces in the build queue which will put me into week 22 or 23. He also said that seeing as I do such low mileage(5000/y) 99% urban, the lights wont be worth the extra €€€€. ie worth it if I did a lot of driving on unlit motorways etc but so few miles primarily around well lit towns mean its not worth it for me. I have to agree with him I suppose. No electric blue beams for me :(:D

What do you mean the prices are going up in W22?????????????

I suppose it could be a dealer ploy to get me to order asap but I did read about an increase in the uk on a uk based a3 forum so he may be telling the truth.

Build week 21. My car will be built in the 21st week of the year ie middle of May. Any car that enters the build queue at week 22 and after will be subject to the price increase. 1.5-2% I think I remember him saying. (Would add €800 to my/your €39850 A3) If my dealer is not telling fibs then if you haven't ordered already then its to late to excape the increase.

Heres an excerpt from the uk audi notice:

The 1.6 Special Edition model will not be increased in price and will remain at £ 14,995.00 OTR. This represents an excellent price position for the car and now results in a saving of £1,615 on the standard 1.6 model.

Please note that the following will apply:-

· pre-2004 model year cars will not be affected by this price increase
    · all customer tagged orders placed on the system by close of business on Friday 5 March and landed after 1 April (and where customer details are not subsequently amended) will not be affected by this price increase and will be price protected
    · all 2004 model year non-customer tagged orders in the system on 2 April 2004 will be re-consigned at the new prices
    · all Centre tagged demonstrators in consigned stock will be reconsigned at the new price and will not be price protected

Our price increase taking effect a few weeks later than the UK one.

Thats just typical - first we pay about 10k more than the UK for the car, now we get ripped off even more.

I'm gonna try look into ordering a high spec car up north and importing, paying the vat can sometimes work out rather than buying it here, or at least get me more value for my money.

There is another way to look at it, it'll stop all the boy racers buying one and doing it up to look like hairdryers.

Thanks for the info Calibos - send us on pics when you get it ;)

Vat is 17% up north isn't it? You'll save 3-4% there and you'll save on extra's that might be standard up there but the bast@rds will still hit you with VRT based on an equivelent spec car down here. ie You may get aircon as standard and not have to pay the €1900 that you would down here but they'll still charge you VRT of 30% (you're getting 2.0l aswell yeah?) on that €1900 (you didn't actually have to spend!) because down here the aircon would make the car 1900 more expensive. I was quite confused that the same extra's on the price list were different prices for 1.6 and 2L cars. Then I remembered that on the 1.6 the price of the extra includes 25% VRT and on a 2L the extras include the VRT at 30%. Feckers!! :D:D:D

Time to get the calculator out and figure out how much you'll save and if its worth the hassle :D:D Definately worth importing S/H from the UK or Norn Ireland because there is so much more choice than our smaller market but with regard to new cars it might be worth delving into the figures to see if its worth the grief. :D

• Advertisement

Yeah your dead right, I started looking into it and your right, its a field of landmines and goverment tax - I 'll settle for being ripped off in this country....rather than two goverments ripping me off.

Thanks for the info, I'll be interested in seeing the new car when you get it so pm or post them here :)

btw what do you think of the new golf??

I quite like it. I know what people mean about it looking a bit like a big polo/lupo, there are similarities alright but I think its nicer than either and nicer than the mark IV. Side by side it makes the mark IV look frumpy and dated. When I have to get sensible with expenditure on cars ie if I had kids etc, I'd have a Golf. Dont like the old or new astra, don't like the old or new Focus, dont like the old or new....any Jap car! It'd be a no brainer for me. I'd pick it cause it looks the best, I'd pick it cause its the same car as the A3 underneath (great ride, great engines), I'd pick it because the residuals are better than any car other than other VAG or German Marques.

VAG .....forever!! :D:D:D

Calibos - your a man after my own heart :)

Enjoy the new ride.................

5 weeks to go for mine but I found these pics of someone elses just incase anyone is interested. Exactly the same as mine will be, Same colour, same 5 spoke parabola 17in wheels, same ambition(Sport) pack. He has climate I think, I'll have a sunroof.

audiA31.jpg

Here's a shot of his inside. Same Black and graphite Leather but this guy has DSG while mine will be a manual.

audiA32.jpg

I can't bloody wait. I've already ordered about €150 worth of Megaiurs washing, polishing and waxing gear in preparation from the new car!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

that looks really cool, good wurk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 GillyS

Hi Calibos,

Looks like a nice car - best of luck with it. Just wondering why you didn't go for climate control? its the one extra I could not live without in my car and I suspect it will give you a better resale than a sun roof.

Gilly

Advertisement