Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Upgrade (???)

• 13-04-2004 5:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Howdy,
    Does anyone know what Vodafone's criteria for offering upgrades are??? I've been with them on pay monthly for the last 3 years and only been abvle to upgrade once - 12months ago, Contacted them last week and asked about another upgrade, but was denied - the girl said "I didn't fulfil the upgrade criteria" but when asked could not go into any more detail. I understand that the phones are heavily subsidised, but I use my phone a good bit with bills in the region of 70-100E p.m - thats the gits of a grand in the last 12 months - "don't meet the criteria" ??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

It does depend largely on your monthly spend. I was waiting around 15 months for my last upgrade, God knows how long I'll have to wait this time. If you really feel that you should have been offered one by now, just ring them and tell them. If they still don't offer one, just threaten to port to 02 with your 087 number - that seems to have an amazing effect ;). From my experience anyway, Vodafone certainly don't seem to be too forthcoming with upgrades. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

hefty_langer, my spend used to be same as yours, though I've cut back lately, but I always get offered an upgrade every 12 months. I'm actually due one now but I'm probably not going to take it but switch to prepaid instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GenericName

My spend averaged at €50 - €80 a month from when I opened the account. I was offered an upgrade within 10 months.

Advertisement