Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty Patch 1.4

Options
  • 13-04-2004 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Call of Duty Patch 1.4 to be released in a week with the PUNKBUSTER applied. Also a new map of Stalingrad as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

A new patch already? 1.3 isn't that long out :dunno:

Anyway, people usually say "it'll be out next week" and it comes out a month later...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

aye, and wasn't 1.3 a 30mb patch?
    the stalingrad map does sound intrigueing though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Some new weapons would be nice - I recall interview with Infinity Ward saying they had plans to bring in new hand weapons into the side.

The screens for the expansion look sweet btw.

Originally posted by regeneration
    The screens for the expansion look sweet btw.

Yeah! A Flamethrower!

Have a look at this, some info on the 1.4 patch: http://www.callofduty.com/patch/CoD_patchcomm14.html

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    Yeah! A Flamethrower!
    Huh ?
    Who says? I dont remember reading that in the Activision announcement of the expansion, unless you mean the 1.4patch which im doubtful
    Has the RTCW flamethrower to go up against though - still the best game flamethrower ever created :D

• Advertisement

2-3.jpg

unless the guy has flamable urine, it looks like a flamethrower to me :p:D

lol :D
    you made me choke on my bread yeh bastich ;)

Cool! Now they have to include that in Multi - ahhhhhh grey matter you make the nicest flames ;)
    I still pine for the TFC flame guy ;)
    PS - what mag is that from ?

I don't know, I found the screenshots here.

I say if they're included in multi they'll be limited like the panzerfaust and fg42 - make you walk real slow too. but it'd be sweet to catch a load of people camping in one room :D

Well if they're going for realism, then they should have it such that the tanks can be shot and explode :D

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

the flamethrower will only be available in the expansion pack coming out in the late end of this year not in the 1.4 patch due out shortly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The flamethrower looks like an excellent additon.

Is 1.4 worth the download? 1.3 was a big one.

Originally posted by cheesedude

I say it will be for Stalingrad alone. I don't think it'll be as big as 1.3, but I'm not sure considering punkbuster is part of it...

You think ? 25 Mb? jeez, dude you clearly have not patched Battlefield :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

lol

I am still awaiting a vietnam patch.

Well seeing that 1.6 BF1942 was about 150Mb in full, if there's any content in the BF:V one, expect it to be about that.
    This is why quotas suck :D

Call Of Duty Expansion pack update:

Call of Duty: United Offensive's single player campaign allows gamers to experience more of WWII's most crucial and legendary conflicts, including The Battle of the Bulge, The Battle of Kursk and the invasion of Sicily, as they fight through more than ten intense all-new maps. The game features new weapons, character abilities, weather effects and explosions, adding even more realism to the chaotic battlefields.
    Additionally, Call of Duty: United Offensive expands on the popular multiplayer experience of Call of Duty, offering new multiplayer maps that set the stage for tank combat, as well as tank-and-foot-soldier combined arms action, providing the ultimate battle of Axis vs. Allies. Fans will also enjoy three new multiplayer gameplay modes, including Tank Battle, Capture the Flag and Domination - where squads must take control of key locations while preventing enemy troops from advancing.

Call Of Duty Patch 1.4, 30Mb in size, now available:

http://www.callofduty.com/patch/

Punkbuster included but disabled by default:

"IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING PUNKBUSTER™:

PunkBuster™ anti-cheat software is included and is disabled by default. To enable PunkBuster™, simply select "Multiplayer Options" from the Multiplayer main menu, and then toggle the "PunkBuster" option from "No" to "Yes". For more information about PunkBuster™ or for PunkBuster™ support, please visit http://www.evenbalance.com. "

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by regeneration
    Well seeing that 1.6 BF1942 was about 150Mb in full, if there's any content in the BF:V one, expect it to be about that.
    This is why quotas suck :D

The FULL Battlefield v1.6 patch was 274mb. The incremental v1.5 to v1.6 was 148mb. Think though of the amount of things that have been added and fixed in the game since v1.0 though. Makes the download size seem just right.

Call of Duty v1.4 patch is only 30mb. Thats quite tiny I have to say. Whats weird though is how there never was an official v1.1 or v1.2 patch. I know there was an unofficial 1.2 but never an official... or am I wrong?

Also what puzzles me is why they dont have Punkbuster switched on as default? Its worth putting it on as default when installing/patching the game.

Here are some Mirrors for you lot:

A rare occasion where i treat other people to what I treat the BF boys and girls too with every patch ... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Winters
    A rare occasion where i treat other people to what I treat the BF boys and girls too with every patch ... :)
    wow! saving us from clicking the link in the post above yours... that's awfully considerate of you;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Well ... I was going to do my usual and find mirrors closer to home, but I got lazy. I really should do some sort of work here before my lecture but ... meh.

Lets see ... taking about 4 or 5 minutes to downlaod here in DCU. Should have brought in a pen drive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭andrew12g

Has anyone noticed any bugs in the new patch yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

its up at ftp.playerofgames.com as well for those of you who want an irish ftp.

Tis hosted by Esat iirc.

BUGS:

Initially when I installed the patch on the client it had a problem picking up the server. I stopped the server and client and started both up again and it seems fine now.

Why what problems have you found?

None so far, but there were loads in 1.3 so im keeping a close eye. and is it just me or does any one else notice that with every new patch the game takes longer to load each map!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Unless they've done something different them Wolfenstein the flamethrower wont be used online as in Wolfenstein it caused major lag when used, might be wrong.
    Originally posted by andrew12g
    does any one else notice that with every new patch the game takes longer to load each map!

No Andy thats just your pc getting slowly worse in the time between patches. :p

I think ive found one, not sure of the cause though. I was goin into a room and i gave another one of my team mates (who was inside) a fright. He took a couple of shots at me one of the mhitting me. I hit prone imediatly and my reaction was to fire back. I ended up sliding across the floor to the otherside of the room :S.

Haven't seen anything like that but there are cases where I empty a full clip into some one and they fire one shot and bang! pushing up dasies.
    Not a happy camper when that happens. And I know it depends on the weapon but I could have three or four rounds off before they notice me. We play on a local LAN so there isn't that much in the way of lag.

Originally posted by andrew12g
    I ended up sliding across the floor to the otherside of the room :S.

that happened to me with 1.3 - I don't know what it was, but I thought it was lag - I hit prone and slid along the ground...

I know how to do it with the clanbase match mod. At the start before everyone has hit f for ready, u bind a key to die and then press it and run around the place. Because of the mod ure not able to die so after pressing the key it kills you but ure still able to run around the place but to others its looks like a dead body sliding all over the place. ive got a demo of it and its prety funny. Id be happy to email it to you if you want to see what it looks like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

www.cod-nation.com has a forums and they talk about that sliding along the floor problem, they also discuss other topics aswell.

Advertisement