Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloys or Hubs

Options
  • 13-04-2004 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Bit of a dilemma...car (97 MkIII Golf) hasn't got hubs on at the moment and it looks awful....so I need 14" hubs or I get alloys....

Problem is I dont know where to get cheap but reasonable 5 spoke alloys...I know I can get hubs for like 80 quid from a main dealer but Im wondering if alloys whatever cost a bit more,again reasonable, I would go for those......

Any advice...? Now Im not into souping up my car ( which I find on some cars quitee impressive) buy I would like it to look nicer...I love the look of my Golf and would like to improve it some way..

Thank you for your help in advance...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

VW alloys look really well, i have a set of geniune VW's on my 98 polo, very tidy. propblem is they're expensive. €600 odd for a set of 14"s without tyres. i got mine cheap, 2nd hand. only mths old for €180 rims only. That might be an option, but be very careful buying alloys 2nd hand. make sure they came off a golf and have all studs, and make sure they're not cracked. scuffs can be treated, so dont let that put you ff unless they're really bad. Apart from that, hubcaps do look a bit bland. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Originally posted by Jokah
    Bit of a dilemma...car (97 MkIII Golf) hasn't got hubs on at the moment and it looks awful
    Bet it doesn't drive too well either! :D
    Just get out the golden pages and ring around all the scrappies. There's sure to be one with a decent set of VW alloys. I'd guess you should be able to get a nice set of 15" ones for €250 or less. I wouldn't be too concerned about whether they come with tyres or not as they'll probably be in poor condition anyway. To be safe I would buy new tyres for the ones you will use at the front at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

Thanks for the help.

Ill try scrap yards etc....Good idea.

The golf drives great...never had any probs.

Thanks again for advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Originally posted by Jokah
    The golf drives great...never had any probs.
    I was just joking - I meant without any wheels.
    We all know Golfs never have any problems! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

Silly me and long day at work...

But hey..

I just wanted to throw it out there...I want to get alloys, hubs or an mp3 player......

Dont know what to do.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement