Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argh Virus!

Options
  • 13-04-2004 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

I have AVg anti-virus software and when i run a complete test it tells me i have a Java/Byte Verify Virus that it cant get rid of
    Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Get the full name of the virus, and stick it into google.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

reboot and run AVG in safemode (press F8 as the PC starts up, about once every second, and choose safemode from the text menu).

usually AV programs cannot delete a virus because the files used by the virus are in use in Normal mode.

If you are running winXP or ME be sure to disable system restore before you go into safemode (right click "my computer" , select properties put a tick in th e"disable system restore" tickbox in the system restore tab , remember to take this tick out when you restart after removing the virus - For windows ME : start>>settings>>control panel >> double click System >> go to performance >> click on File system >> at the bottom of the troubleshooting tab put a tick in disable system restore).

tadaaa!

Advertisement