Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DUN error

Options
  • 13-04-2004 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Guys,

I'm getting the following error message when checking my email. When i go in at first it works fine. I disconnect, then the next time i go to do it, I get this message:

"Error 772. The remote computer's network hardware is incompatible with the type of call requested." Redial, Cancel, More Info.

It is dialling Eircoms 1851 number and has always worked before. I'm using Windows 2000 and an ISDN connection. Anybody got any idea's??? I've tried recreating the connection, same thing happens though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Ring them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Polonious
    It is dialling Eircoms 1851 number and has always worked before. I'm using Windows 2000 and an ISDN connection. Anybody got any idea's??? I've tried recreating the connection, same thing happens though.
    1851?

What dial up service are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

1852 is the free one, and 1851 is the subscriber number...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

1891 is the subscriber prefix. :)

Yeh thats what i mean!!! Anyway, still doesn't sort my problem!!!:dunno:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Hmmm. Sounds like the ISDN modem is getting itself in a twist.

If you repower the modem rather than the PC what happens?

Error 722 is about PPP packets. Either your DUN setup is incorrect or there's something wrong with your line or the remote server.

If you were using Win9x I'd have said to remove Dial up Networking and re-install it, but you can't really do that in 2k.

Try uninstalling and re-installing TCP/IP (you'll need to reboot inbetween removing and installing it). If that doesn't work check your PPP settings in the PPP settings dialog box, perhaps you've something ticked in there that you shouldn't have, but it doesn't sound like it.

Ring Eircom for an ISDN line test (different than a normal line test IIRC), and if that doesn't work ring tech support.

Might be an idea to ring tech first to check there aren't server problems.

Have tried all of that, last thing left to do is call Eircom! Will do now and see what they have to say for themselves!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

or try a new DU connection ,

their free access number is 1892 150 150 , user and password are both free (apparently you don;t need a password)

try setting upa new connection , but i reckon the others are right with the DUN itself missing a file or two , but it's worth a try

don't worry , the pron will still be there when you do get back on the net

Fionn

Phew!

• Advertisement

well, what happened?

Nothing! Eircom say there isn't anything they can do. Am gonna try changing the ISDN modem..

Advertisement